ADVERTISEMENT

Boise loses in polls

True ... but until our cool aid cups are as big as the AQ teams ...
wink.gif

You guys and BYU should have joined the Big XII ...................

.........north, after Nebraska and Colorado bolted. The MWC is just an interim step to where you need to be.This would have solved your AQ problem, and would have kept the Big Xii at 12 teams. BYU won't gain much as an independent.

Originally posted by bsyou:
I think all non BCS teams know what that feels like, Certainly Boise does. Take last year for example we kept winning and watched while other teams passed us in the polls like TCU did.

And tomorrow you will be jumped again. I'm not bashing Boise but I just wish someone would explain to me how a team with 1 semi quality win (Boise) and a team with zero quality wins (TCU) can be ranked anywhere above other undefeated schools that have beaten MUCH tougher teams week in and week out. You Boise fans talk like your getting screwed when there are teams that have beaten 3 and 4 ranked teams this year but are ranked below you. You should feel very lucky that you are ranked anywhere near the Top 5. I think BS and TCU are great football programs but playing 1 good team per year isn't fair to the programs that play 5 or 6 ranked teams every year plus some decent teams in between. Now before you say that teams are scared to play you, just stop yourself because that's a ridiculous thing to say and I hear Boise fans say it a lot. It's more like why would we fly to Idaho to lose money because your stadium only holds 30,000. We don't need you, our schedules are tough enough already. Now I do welcome Boise to big boy football but until you play mire than one ranked team in regular season, I'm sorry, no love from me.... But that's me....War Damn Eagle

Originally posted by AuburnProud:

Originally posted by bsyou:
I think all non BCS teams know what that feels like, Certainly Boise does. Take last year for example we kept winning and watched while other teams passed us in the polls like TCU did.

And tomorrow you will be jumped again. I'm not bashing Boise but I just wish someone would explain to me how a team with 1 semi quality win (Boise) and a team with zero quality wins (TCU) can be ranked anywhere above other undefeated schools that have beaten MUCH tougher teams week in and week out. You Boise fans talk like your getting screwed when there are teams that have beaten 3 and 4 ranked teams this year but are ranked below you. You should feel very lucky that you are ranked anywhere near the Top 5. I think BS and TCU are great football programs but playing 1 good team per year isn't fair to the programs that play 5 or 6 ranked teams every year plus some decent teams in between. Now before you say that teams are scared to play you, just stop yourself because that's a ridiculous thing to say and I hear Boise fans say it a lot. It's more like why would we fly to Idaho to lose money because your stadium only holds 30,000. We don't need you, our schedules are tough enough already. Now I do welcome Boise to big boy football but until you play mire than one ranked team in regular season, I'm sorry, no love from me.... But that's me....War Damn Eagle

I agree.. anyone can schedule one ranked team a year and go unbeaten. I'm not say Boise isnt a good team. Just how many loses would they have if they played 12 games with 6 to 10 of them agaisnt ranked teams. See Big Ten, SEC, Big 12. The season may not be fair to Boise, but at the same time it's not right to put them ahead of a 1 loss Big 10, Big 12, SEC school who has to play a top 15 team every week.

Keep it comin guys. This is awesome, totally original material you're throwin out here. I can't get enough.

Sorry ... not impressed.

AUBURN Schedule for 2010 as of 10/23/10

Arkansas state(3-5) with wins over louisiana monroe, north texas and florida atlantic

Mississippi state(6-2) with wins over memphis, georgia, alcorn st., houston, florida, uab

Clemson(4-3) with wins over north texas, presbyterian, maryland, geo.tech

South Carolina(5-2) with wins over so.miss, georgia, furman, Alabama, Vanderbilt

Louisiana Monroe(3-4) with wins over se.louisiana,florida atlantic, w. kentucky

Kentucky(4-4) with wins over louisville, w.kentucky, akron, So.Carolina

Arkansas(5-2) with wins over Tenn.Tech, Louisiana Monroe, Georgia, Texas A&M, Mississippi

LSU(7-1) with wins over No.Carolina, Vanderbilt, Miss.St.,WVA, Tenn., Florida, McNeese St.

Upcoming Games

Mississippi(3-4) with wins over Tulane, fresno state, kentucky

Chattanooga(5-2) with wins over e.kenturcky, w.carolina, citadel, geo.southern, furman

Georgia(4-4) with wins over Louisiana Lafayette, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky

Alabama(7-1) with wins over SJSU, Penn St.,Duke, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tenn.

Originally posted by krazyhorse:
Sorry ... not impressed.

Arkansas state(3-5) with wins over louisiana monroe, north texas and florida atlantic

Mississippi state(6-2) with wins over memphis, georgia, alcorn st., houston, florida, uab

South Carolina(5-2) with wins over so.miss, georgia, furman, Alabama, Vanderbilt

Arkansas(5-2) with wins over Tenn.Tech, Louisiana Monroe, Georgia, Texas A&M, Mississippi

LSU(7-1) with wins over No.Carolina, Vanderbilt, Miss.St.,WVA, Tenn., Florida, McNeese St.

Upcoming Games

Chattanooga(5-2) with wins over e.kenturcky, w.carolina, citadel, geo.southern, furman

Georgia(4-4) with wins over Louisiana Lafayette, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky

Alabama(7-1) with wins over SJSU, Penn St.,Duke, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tenn.

Exactly.. with that schedule every year ... Alabama, Florida, LSU, SC, UGA, Ark.. do you really think you would still be undef. year after year with that type of schedule? If you were to play UGA right now I think they would win easy... Again, I'm not trying to be rude. But since you conference schedule is nothing but cupcakes maybe the rest of the games you should schedule 3 or 4 ranked teams. Thats the only way you will get any kind of respect. Right now if the season plays out and you finish undefeated and lets say Alabama wins they SEC championship, they will leap frog you. Because they play an extra game and will have beaten a top 5 team to get to the championship game and another ranked team in that game to Boise's 103rd ranked competition.

y'all schedule 1 - 2 games a year and 10 - 11 scrimmages and want to be considered for a BCS bowl for being undefeated.
tell me exactly which division of the SEC would y'all win this year. i'll tell you, neither. you can't take the week in and week out physical toll of SEC because you don't have the depth of quality athletes.

Originally posted by westmarinenmb:

Originally posted by krazyhorse:
Sorry ... not impressed.

Upcoming Games

Exactly.. with that schedule every year ... Alabama, Florida, LSU, SC, UGA, Ark.. do you really think you would still be undef. year after year with that type of schedule? If you were to play UGA right now I think they would win easy... Again, I'm not trying to be rude. But since you conference schedule is nothing but cupcakes maybe the rest of the games you should schedule 3 or 4 ranked teams. Thats the only way you will get any kind of respect. Right now if the season plays out and you finish undefeated and lets say Alabama wins they SEC championship, they will leap frog you. Because they play an extra game and will have beaten a top 5 team to get to the championship game and another ranked team in that game to Boise's 103rd ranked competition.

Do I really think Boise State would go undefeated in the SEC every year like they do in the WAC ...

No ... but neither could any of the current SEC teams ... and they don't have to aparently SEC teams cn lose one or two games a season and still play for the championship.

Do I think Boise state could win the SEC this year ...

.. that would depend on the schedule. Which SEC teams are coming to Boise? And when?

Originally posted by SoTexHog:
y'all schedule 1 - 2 games a year and 10 - 11 scrimmages and want to be considered for a BCS bowl for being undefeated.
tell me exactly which division of the SEC would y'all win this year. i'll tell you, neither. you can't take the week in and week out physical toll of SEC because you don't have the depth of quality athletes.

And which of your pansy ass SEC teams are going to play Boise on the Blue in late November
roll.gif

None .. and if you did you would see that this Boise State team has just as much depth as any team in the country but mosr SEC homers are too blind to see what everyone else sees.

After you destroy La Tech tonight, 5 out 7 teams Boise has played this season have Defenses ranked higher than 100th, the other 2 are ranked about 40th and 60th. As I stated before if you want to play big boy bowl games then you need to play a big boy schedule. Boise has no idea what it's like to get up one weekend for an emotionally and physically beat down and then have to get right back up for the same kind of war the next weekend and then again the next. You play your one big game, then you walk through your season in preparation for one final big game. You keep players healthy, you play into your depth chart, every game is a cakewalk in preparation for that last big game. How do you Boise fans stand it? It has to be boring watching your team only play one or two tough games per year. I would hate that. Someone mentioned that the SEC teams should come play Boise on the smurf turf. Why? To lose money? We seat more fans at high school games. Your stadium holds 30,000 or so, good luck getting BCS Conf teams to come there. It just amazes me that Boise fans still argue that they deserve to be ranked where they are when other undefeated and even 1 loss teams have played tougher and beaten tougher teams. It's a no brainer....but hey, Kellen will be gone, Coach Pete will get sick of getting left out and will take a job elsewhere and then we just have to worry about TCU screwing up the polls.... War Damn Eagle

It really surprises me that more Boise fans don't agree. That more Boise fans don't say "you're right, you guys play brutal schedules and we don't. But we are trying and we are a better team than most think"... I would really respect that. .... Add obout 40,000 seats so you can attract a home and home with top programs and maybe join a BCS Conf. That's a whole other story though that involves Boise being able to compete in more than just football. I hope you guys figure a way to strengthen your schedule, I would enjoy watching it. However, that blue field is tough to watch on TV, whose idea was that? Have fun drilling another cupcake tonight

I am still confused as to why you would post Auburn schedule and then say "Not impressed". We are the only undefeated team that has beaten 4 currently ranked teams. Are you saying that you are not impressed with Auburns schedule but you are impressed with Boises? Surely not, please tell me that if you are not impressed with Auburn then you are embarrassed with Boises. Lets look at 2 of Auburn wins that arent ranked, Kentucky and Clemson. If either of these teams were in the WAC they would be unbeaten and would be considered a quality win for Boise. But you put them on Auburn schedule and they are considered nonimpressive cupcake wins. We would not hear the end of it if Boise beat Clemson or Kentucky. Instead we hear things like "Im not sold on this Auburn team, they barely beat Clemson and Kentucky"...if it were Boise, it would be "What else does Boise have to do, they beat Kentucky, they beat Clemson"....thats hilarious to me, and you know its true. Anyways, we have to go into Oxford today and hope Houston Nutt doesnt sneak up on us. Good luck to Boise in your remaining schedule, all preparation games for that one biggee at the end...WDE

ADVERTISEMENT