ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State fans: do you think the Blue field gives yall an advantage?

CrimsonTide1

Jan 13, 2005
The question has been bantered around on the main board a bit, whether Boise's blue field mixed with blue uniforms give yall an advantage b/c a blue field is so different and the uniforms kinda blend in. Personally I dont think the color matters much, provided its still easy on the eyes, but I was wondering if there was a particular reason for the blue field. thanks, and good luck this year!

Roll Tide!

That is something that ONLY a fool would believe. Does playing on a GREEN field give OREGON an advantage? THINK about it.
3dgrin.gif

Actually the more the Broncos win on the blue turf the more I think they get into their opponents heads. So there might be a little bit of a psychological edge.

But as far as a physical advantage. No. While the blue jerseys might blend into the blue turf when looking down on the field (TV cameras, press box, fans seats} It's still no more so than a green jersey on a green field. And from field level where the players are it has no effect at all. They aren't looking at each others feet.
This post was edited on 8/18 11:00 AM by bsyou

Think about it a little. How would BSU players see each other? If our Qb couldn't see our players, who would he throw to? The BSU passing game would be pretty bad if it had 11 invisible players and the QB was relying on timing only. But if other teams want to let it get to them, then it's an advantage.

Although, how often do the Ducks wear green and yellow anymore. =D Good luck tonight BSU.

Im with Bsyou...I think it gets in their heads....no "actual effect"

Originally posted by BroncoSaurus:
That is something that ONLY a fool would believe. Does playing on a GREEN field give OREGON an advantage? THINK about it.
3dgrin.gif
Anybody that says it isn't an advantage is an idiot of epic proprtions. Why do you try to blend the entire uniform? What is wrong with white jerseys at home? It is camoflauge plain and simple.

There you go 'Saurus ... another idiot.

Clearly someone that has never played on the field because if he had he would know that when you are on the field if you are looking down at the turf it's not going to matter what color uniform the other guy is wearing because you're never going to see him when he lays you out.

When you are plying on the field you are looking up and straight ahead ... not down at the turf. If a teams jerseys are going to blend in it would be more apt to blend in with the crowd/fans that are wearing 'team' jerseys and colors or even the rest of the team on the sidelines.

And did this guy really just ask "What is wrong with white jerseys at home?"

Well for starters almost all home teams wear colors and the visiting teams wear white, the only exceptions being a few southeastern teams will on occasion choose to wear their white uniforms at home during the month of September and early October when the weather is very hot and humid to gain an unfair advantage over the visiting team who has to wear a hotter darker colored jersey in the heat then switch back to the traditional darker home jersey when the while is no longer an advantage ... talk about unfair advantage.

To dispel the myth we wore ALL orange for Fresno (I think) this last year... It was the most lopsided defeat in the series.

2 years before that we wore White and blue against Fresno... Killed them

I think not leaving the south during the late summer / early fall is an unfair advantage.... Come play in Idaho come November/December!!

Over on OBNUG a guy compared margin of victory at home vs margin of victory away and found that we win by less at home than on the road.

This is truly one of the dumbest topics of conversation in college football and makes me fear for the future of humanity.

It was a genius publicity play. Has to help in recruiting quite a bit. Not that players want to play on blue turf but that they have heard of Boise State. Might not matter as much these days as the program is well established nationally.

As someone who has watched games from the sidelines I can guarantee you there is nothing to it.

I've also played some football on that field in my younger days and from that perspective as well - you don't notice the field.

I think this concept comes from fans who have never actually played football (or played staring at their feet - on the bench).

**I should have added - No, I did not play college football. Yes, I grew up in Boise.
This post was edited on 6/16 5:07 PM by SoCalBroncoFan

Just to chime in here, I would say that anything that a home team does that is different from the norm would have to be considered a home field advantage. Normal for them-different for the visitor... A big advantage, probably not. But different color lights in basketball arena, having a grass field when everyone else plays on artificial turf, playing in extremely cold, or hot or humid conditions are all unique factors...and probably do have some advantage, but I would guess it was small. Look at cowbells at Miss. State.....evidently outlawed at this point...but I am not sure they elevated the win category...
Like many things: You will really never be sure when it might have helped throw a player one off a bit, but you will always be clear on when it did not help!

What is the point of the question really? Is Georgia ever going to come to Boise and play on it? Doubtful. Georgia knows what happens when they travel to far........

The blue field makes no difference. It is the crappy teams they play week in and week out.

Forget the Blue Turf.
Why does Boise win on Green Turf?
with orange pants,
in other states,
why do SEC fans make excuses before it's ever played?

I think that the margin of victory this season on "The Blue" without the blue uni's is going to be much larger than in the past few years. The decision by the MWC on uniform colors has added another chip on the shoulder of the team this year IMHO.

I think so too. We should get white uniforms with blue stripes....
smilie2.gif

Going to be interesting to see what the school has cooked up for the opening MWC game against Air Force IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT