ADVERTISEMENT

BOISE STATE WBB: Presnell Signs A Top Junior College Transfer

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Alyssa Christensen signed a National Letter of Intent to play women's basketball at Boise State in 2023, head coach Gordy Presnell announced, Wednesday.

Christensen, the No. 3 junior college recruit according to girlsbasketballreport.com, joins the Broncos from the College of Southern Idaho, where she averaged 8.1 points and 5.3 rebounds as a freshman for the Golden Eagles in 2021-22. The 6-foot-3 forward shot 45.6 percent from the field and 42.3 percent from the arc last season.

Christensen was also named to the National Junior College Athletic Association All-Academic First Team last season after posting a 4.0 GPA.

"We are excited about Alyssa joining our program," Presnell said. "She is an academic All-American and one of the top junior college players in the country. She is a long, trail post that can space the floor. She will be a great Bronco."

Originally from New Plymouth, Idaho, Christensen had a decorated high school career. She led her team to a third-place finish at the Idaho 2A State Championship in 2021, where she earned first-team all-tournament honors. Christensen also excelled as a junior for the Pilgrims, earning a spot on the 2A Idaho All-State Team after averaging 12.5 points and 10.4 rebounds per game.

"I am very excited," Christensen said. "It has always been a dream of mine to play at Boise State, especially since it's only an hour from home. The program has always been successful and the coaching staff is great. They have everything I need to improve not only as a student-athlete but as a person as well."

--BroncoSports.com--

ADVERTISEMENT