ADVERTISEMENT

Broncos Men's Golf Inks Alex Talbot to NLI

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho - Boise State men’s golf announced Alex Talbot has signed his National Letter of Intent to attend Boise State University starting in the fall of 2019. Talbot comes to Boise from Southampton, England in addition to attending Hartpury College in Gloucester, England.

“I am delighted to have Alex Talbot joining our program this fall. Alex is a great fit for us. His game is ready to make an immediate impact and he has the type of maturity that we look for in a player and person,” said head coach Dan Potter.

Talbot brings an impressive resume to the Broncos including a victory at the 2018 Faldo Series Wales Championship. He also took home a top-five finish at the 2019 Hampshire County Championship finishing fifth in a field of 69 golfers.

Additionally, Talbot logged two more top-10 finishes at the 2019 MENA Tour Q-School and the 2018 Carrick Neil Scottish Men's Open Championship where he finished tied for seventh and tied for eighth, respectively.

Other notable accomplishments include a 14th-place finish at the 2018 Berkshire Trophy, an 18th- place finish at the 2019 Hampshire Salver, and a 20th-place finish at the 2018 Welsh Open Stroke Play.

Potter added, “Alex has had good consistent results that have steadily improved over the course of his junior and amateur career. He's been effective at establishing a game plan for improvement and attacking his plan. He'll join a group of peers in Boise who have a similar maturity and are hungry to get to the next level in the golf journey. I'm confident that everyone who is a part of our Bronco golf family will enjoy getting to know Alex as much as I have.”

Talbot joins fellow signee Jake O’Neil on a men’s golf roster returning all members except one from 2018-19, including all five participants at the 2019 Mountain West Championships.

ADVERTISEMENT