ADVERTISEMENT

BSU to the Big 12

Bud_ Bob & Barry

Aug 6, 2011
This rumor is picking up a lot of steam fellas, especially in Oklahoma. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens before Christmas.

It's been suggested several times on the main board and several fans have them on their wish list. BYU isn't going over so well with the fans. I have read a few articles where they have suggested TCU, Boise St, and Air Force. I will try to find the articles and post em, give a little bit and I will be back with it. I will say that they have mentioned 2 setbacks for Boise, academics and a small stadium but their rankings of late and talk of stadium expansion could trump those.

As promised!
3dgrin.gif

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/opinion/addition-of-boise-state-would-help-big-12-north-1.2421493#.Tn0n73MoNvk

awesome thanks!

• As for academics, Boise State is a young university and academics are probably improving faster then the football program improved the past 10 years.

• As for the stadium size, there are plans to expand in the works now but an invite to a AQ conference would really speed that up. A lot. Probably to 50K to 60K within a year or two.

BSU can barely sell out their 34,000 seat stadium. How will they fill 50-60,000? I live here and don't see that going well. I'm excited about them dropping the field, but not sure how the Treasure Valley will support this.

You sound like a vandal.

Boise State's attendance for 2011 was 103% of capacity. And the home schedule wasn't very good except for the Oregon State game and they could have sold 60K tickets to that game easily.

Truth is some of the younger fans were getting a little tired of the WAC schedule (go figure) but when you're team is 75-5 in conference all time and 40-0 at home against those same teams some of the younger fans/students just don't get up for a New Mexico State like they did for an Oregon or like they most certainly would for a West Virginia or a Louisville.

Boise State would have no problem filling a 55,000 seat stadium weekly especially with the upgrade to the schedule an AQ conference would bring.

ADVERTISEMENT