ADVERTISEMENT

Football Could Boise land the piece that puts the 2016 class over the top?

StubbsZanelli

Jun 30, 2014
Is Arkansas Boise’s new recruiting hotbed?

Every recruiting class has “that guy”, the player who takes a class from good to great or even great to unprecedented. John Tate could be “that guy” for the Boise State 2016 class.

Tate is a 6’4” 270 pound defensive lineman from Pine Bluff, Arkansas. He's ranked between the 3rd and 5th best Arkansas prospect depending on which recruiting site you're visiting, he plays all four positions on the defensive line, and he plays them all well.

Tate is the rare combination of size, agility, and great instincts. He uses his frame to his benefit, going through nearly any offensive lineman he chooses while still having the ability to use his feet and coordination to get around and through double teams.

Tate is the difference maker the Broncos are looking for on the defensive side, but the question is, can they lure him away from the heart of SEC country? That was one of the first questions Tate answered when we had our interview earlier this week.

“The conference doesn't mean a thing to me, I just want to go somewhere I can play.” Is what Tate had to say when asked if Boise not playing in a power five conference would be a deterrent to him choosing Boise. He followed up by expressing his admiration for the Boise program. “I have a lot of respect for Boise State , they have a great program and is accustomed to winning games , it's definitely a school I've thought about attending.”

Tate also says the commitment of Damarea Crockett resonates with him. “Damarea’s commitment most definitely makes me think more about Boise because he's someone l’ve known since I was little. It makes me feel like I got somebody up there I know”.

~ Keep reading

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT