ADVERTISEMENT

Future Bronco Star Has Surgery

StubbsZanelli

Jun 30, 2014
Per BSU. David Wacker had shoulder surgery yesterday. He is looking at a 4 month recovery before returning to full contact. David had issues with his shoulder before the season, and during. Hopefully this surgery will make his effort more consistent.

One of the things I don't like about Rice. If your a freshman not starting or playing solid minutes redshirt. He and Haney should be coming back year as solid freshman contributors anchoring the paint. I bet he comes in and plays solid along with Haney and be solid in the paint and we'll all be saying they should both be freshman.

Well. It's not really Rice's decision. He can encourage guys to redshirt, but can't really make them outright. He doesn't want to do that, and if David wanted to play, they needed a big guy with some skill. Unfortunately Wacker's injury robbed the of him a little. As for next year. Assuming the surgery is a total success I expect Wacker to contribute more. Haney on the other hand, idk, and if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath on Haney being a force on the block.

I think Rice is a pretty good coach, better than Boise has had in the past. And when it comes to recruiting it isn't even close. But I do think he plays it a little safe at times especially when it comes to playing his younger players. He gets comfortable with players and stays with them ... sometimes too long.

I think Boise actually became a better team after Drnic went down just because it forced Rice to play some young guys more that might not have gotten the chance had Drmic been healthy.

I know that Rice ask Dez Trent to redshirt and Dez said he did not want to redshirt. Same could be said of David. I don't know. I do know that Rice is not perfect, but he is the best basketball coach that we have ever had at Boise State, except for Lyle Smith when Lyle Coach the basketball team for one season.

I think haney will be more of a stretch 4 with some skill and ability when needed to play down low. I agree I think wacker will see more minutes and have a bigger impact. I think the real question is at point guard and how that rotation will work. IMO paris is the best pure pg of the group but will need time to adapt and get stronger
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT