ADVERTISEMENT

Has Boise ever played back to back ranked opponents?

Royal Dawg

Sep 18, 2003
If so when? I understand Boise is a good football team but why do you guys think you deserve to be ranked so high every year.As far as I know you have never even played back to back ranked opponents in the BCS era. It is not fair for a team to play less games against AQ BCS schools in a decade than some schools do in a year. Bama played and beat 13 teams from AQ BCS conferences in 2010. Boise hasn't beaten 13 AQ BCS schools in their history.

I guess nobody will answer because it's kind of hard to defend your permanent place in the top 5 when you have never played back to back games against ranked opponents. That is insane that you could play for the title having never played back to back games against ranked oponents in the history of your program. Sad really. Herbstreit said Boise could point to their body of work? WTF is he talking about?

Nobody has replied because they are more polite than me.

Here is my replying: Your criteria is idiotic. There are several AQ teams in the current top 10 who haven't played back-to-back AP top 25 teams this season.

Have a nice, delusional day.

I was wondering if they have ever played back to back games against ranked teams. I know they haven't this year. I find it ludicrous that you can possibly play for a national title and your program has never played 2 games in a row against ranked opponents. Boise is a top ten team but should never play for a title. Do like FSU back in the day and go beat the elite at their house and earn respect. Quit expecting home and home's when your stadium holds 30 thousand.

Originally posted by SoCalBroncoFan:
Nobody has replied because they are more polite than me.

Here is my replying: Your criteria is idiotic. There are several AQ teams in the current top 10 who haven't played back-to-back AP top 25 teams this season.

Have a nice, delusional day.
But they have played at least eight games against AQ schools to your two and they have played back to back games against ranked teams in their history. Boise has not.

Its your crappy system, not ours. Get us playoff, kick our butts on the field, then talk. Either that or invite us to your conference, kick our butts on the field and then talk. Otherwise, you're just flappin your gums about hypotheticals and opinions (something BCS homers specialize in).

Oh, and maybe your boys should show some guts and travel to play us next year. Seems like we already made a trip down south for you guys, so it should be your turn to visit us, but I guess you need the deck stacked in your favor or it won't happen, right?

Read the entire post, this doesnt end as the Boise bash that it starts out as.

No one has been more critical of Boises schedule on here than I have. No Boise has never played back to back ranked teams. I still believe that there are 2 teams in the Top 10 that have no business being ranked anywhere near the top 10 based on schedule strength. I heard it said on talk radio that Boise could beat anyone in the nation in a 1 game set, and I agree. But college football is not a one game set. Playing ranked teams week in and week out takes a toll on a team like no Boise player or fan will ever understand. BCS teams prepare week to week, Boise and TCU have the privilege of playing less than tough teams every week in preparation for that one big game at the end. BIG difference. Boise fans dont understand the depth that it takes to play an SEC schedule. Now, with that said, I welcome Boise to big boy football and I have a new found respect for the Boise program since scheduling UGA and Ole Miss. A respect that I needed for Boise for I am not the dyckhead that you Boise fans think I am. I want to respect Boise, I like your program, your coach, and the way you play ball. I have never, in any of my bash Boise posts, said that Boise was not a good program.

auburn, please don't take this personally, but as far as "earning your respect", we don't really give a rats a$$.

cool.gif

Nowhere in my post will you find the word "earn". I am only stating that I would like to stop thinking of Boise the way that I do and actually respect the Boise program. And I disagree, you do want the respect of BCS schools and fans.
This post was edited on 11/25 1:00 PM by AuburnProud
This post was edited on 11/25 1:01 PM by AuburnProud

I guess the issue is when you have a 50+ W and 4 L record at home and only 1 of those teams was ranked (oregon last year) in all those games, it's a little tough to think that Boise should deserve a shot over a team with a similar record and a much tougher schedule. Outside of Va tech every team on the boise schedule (including NV) wouldn't be considered in the top half of the entire SEC conference, Big 10, and Pac 10 conference. oregon St is a horrible team this year but is considered a good win. I agree with the posters above tha yes I think Boise could beat any team in the country for 1 game, but they I dont think they could do it over the long haul of a tough schedule. 1) they don't have the depth, 2) They were tired out in the 4th quarter against NV, A team that got beat 35-0 against a crappy Notre Dame team last year.

Boise St is a nice program in a below average conference which deserves credit for what they have accomplished. But, until they schedule 3 or 4 teams a year like Bama, Texas, USC, etc. and win the games then they deserve no consideration for a NC game or a BCS bowl game for that matter.

The teams that Bama played; what happened to them after Bama beat them. Did they continue to be ranked?

yes six did.you guys need to play at least 4 top 20 teams a year.top of the conferance type teams .win these and earn a bcs bowl.with all due respect.L.S,U. .

Originally posted by AuburnProud:
Nowhere in my post will you find the word "earn". I am only stating that I would like to stop thinking of Boise the way that I do and actually respect the Boise program. And I disagree, you do want the respect of BCS schools and fans.

This post was edited on 11/25 1:00 PM by AuburnProud

This post was edited on 11/25 1:01 PM by AuburnProud

Whatever you may think, I can guarantee you very very few fans of any school desire the respect of a program full of proven cheaters like you Aubies.

Your school has zero class and will forever be undeserving of anything in my mind. The only rich history you have is one of cheating.

Originally posted by NorthEastCorner:
Oh, and maybe your boys should show some guts and travel to play us next year. Seems like we already made a trip down south for you guys, so it should be your turn to visit us, but I guess you need the deck stacked in your favor or it won't happen, right?
Not with your camoflauge uniforms buddy. Wear the white jerseys and I'm sure UGA would come wreck you on your on field. Some of you have forgotten 2005 so thankfully coming off a 6-7 year this beatdown will prove once and for all you don't belong.

ADVERTISEMENT