ADVERTISEMENT

Honest VT/BSU Predictions

ChrisG4VT

Aug 3, 2007
I think it will be an extremely tough and close game for about 3 quarters then the depth of VT should prevail.

VT 34
BSU 21

Originally posted by bsyou:
sigh ... what exactly is this VT depth advantage?

IF we can control the clock, that depth advantage is 3 All-American caliber running backs pounding away at a tired and over-matched defensive line .. I did say if...I am a fan of Boise State in any other game and truly respect what Chris Peterson has done for the program. Keep in mind this is JMHO and I could be way off but we will see in 9 days..

tired and over matched defensive line? do you even know anything about Boise State other than they have a Blue field?

Boise St, if at full strength, will be using a 12 man defensive line rotation. D Line is the strength of this team.

The Hokie RB's are good but they have a thin and inexperienced O line blocking for them.

Originally posted by BroncoSaurus:
Honestly DELUSIONAL maybe...............

I guess we will know in about 7 days wont we? You guys are just a bit too cocky for a team that has only been significant for the last few years. I came over here thinking I would find some good, humble fans with decent perspective. I had no idea that your egos would be bigger than your accomplishments on the field. Think you're ready for the big time? Try playing as the #3 team in the country. No more underdog, now you have to play football (at the for the 2 real games you have scheduled).. See you in DC!

Oh, so because we disagree that Virginia Tech has bigger and stronger players with more depth at every position we are cocky?

And just because we think Boise State is every bit as good as Virginia Tech we have egos bigger than our accomplishments?

Whatever.

You seem to be the one ignoring Boise State's accomplishments. The fact they are actually ranked higher than the Hokies AND favored to win.

Does that mean they will. No. They are both top 10 teams playing basically a home game for the Hokies. It's going to be a dogfight that could go either way and for you to come over here and tell us that the Hokies are going to wear down are smaller inferior defensive line is typical BCS elitist.

And what difference does it make on Monday how long Boise State has been good?

Here is my prediction.....2 great schools, with a passionate fan base, following 2 well coached teams, in the start of another exciting college football season, with the winner taking the high road to holding that Crystal Football above their head as it is both teams' primary goal. Warfare guys and gals. Head banging, physical, in the trenches, hand to hand combat. Electric atmosphere, with only one winner heading home feeling great about the outcome of the battle. I have no clue who that will be but I do know my stomach hurts and the hair is up on the back of my neck thinking about the Blue and Orange mixing it up with the Maroon and Orange and I consider myself very fortunate to be their live as it plays out. Good Luck Bronco fans. Travel Safe. Play your best. Look forward to seeing you in DC. And when it is all said and done......when you have left everything on the field, and in the stands, thats all anyone can ask of you.........I CAN NOT WAIT!

What's the consensus opinion on your Oline situation? I haven't been following it closely but it appears the coaches are having to switch guys around to fill holes...is it due to injuries? How do you all think this will affect your offense's ability to move the ball?

Don't you just have to LAUGH
flush.gif

I hate betting against Boise, I really like Coach CP and what he's done for his team. Really think he could coach in any of the big six conferences, but I like his loyalty to the Broncos program. With that said, I have a hard time believing that Boise will continue to sneak up on any team as they have in the past. Both teams are going to be very good, though I would predict VT to win, and that's just a guess... BUT, if Boise does win, I think they could easily stay undefeated and have a chance to play for the NC in Arizona.. Definitely my favorite game for the opening week of college football.
This post was edited on 9/2 9:19 PM by Capstone1984

Originally posted by mmvt87:
What's the consensus opinion on your O-line situation? I haven't been following it closely but it appears the coaches are having to switch guys around to fill holes...is it due to injuries? How do you all think this will affect your offense's ability to move the ball?

The shuffle on the O line for Boise State is because a couple of the players are dinged up. Nothing serious. But Bronco fans are getting use to this 'musical linemen' scenario having seen it all last season.

We've been shuffling around on the OL for about 3 years now. Sucks, but at least the guys are used to it. I imagine injuries won't make a huge difference just because I don't think the guys who will step in and play will really be that much worse than the guys they're replacing, based on the fact that pretty much all of the starting jobs were semi-up for grabs as of last week.

Same depth advanatge that nearly all the teams fromt he major conferences have - better players and more of them. Sure Boise's starting 22 guys might be pretty good, but what about the guys behind that? You cant play the same people the entire game, hence the depth. Just look at the recruiting rankings. Stars dont mean everything but they are a pretty good indication, and VT has alot more better players than Boise does, and in the course of a whole game that starts to be felt.

If Boise State has no depth then how is it that with 20 started returning (all of the offensive line) the coaches could not decide on the startes on the O line until this week?

Did any of you see how many defensive linemen Boise State was rotating in?

Boise State has depth and there is very little if any drop-off in talent so please come up with a new excuse as to why Boise State is not as good as your (insert BCS team).

ADVERTISEMENT