Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
Hutchison to Return to Boise State

BOISE, Idaho
- Boise State guard Chandler Hutchison will return to the Broncos for his senior season. Hutchison filed the paper work to withdraw his name from the NBA Draft Thursday, and will now prepare for his final collegiate season.

"I am extremely grateful for the opportunities, interest and feedback I received from many NBA teams," said Hutchison. "The time is right to put my focus back on winning a Mountain West Championship. Everything I learned the last month will help me be a better player, teammate and future draft pick."

Hutchison declared for the NBA Draft April 10, without signing an agent. He attended private workouts with NBA teams before making the decision to return to Boise State.

"All of the evaluations were very encouraging," said Hutchison. "I'll continue to work on extending my shooting range and adding strength while keeping my mobility. The NBA is a grown man's league, but I know if I work even harder than I did last year then by this time next season I will belong. That's all the motivation I need."

This marks back-to-back seasons Boise State has had an early entrant in the NBA Draft. James Webb III entered the 2016 NBA Draft following his redshirt junior season. Webb was signed by the Philadelphia 76ers as an undrafted free agent and spent last season with the team's NBA Developmental League affiliate in Delaware. Webb started all 39 games he played, averaging 13.1 points and 9.3 rebounds.

~Courtesy BroncoSports.com

ADVERTISEMENT