ADVERTISEMENT

I am most definitely NOT a basketball fan

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
HOWEVER, that being said, I have to wonder if I am alone in thinking that the MWC is just plain nuts (big shocker there) for having Las Vegas as the host site for it's basketball tournaments every year? What other conference picks ONE of their schools and designates that ONE school as THE place where their annual men's and women's basketball tournaments are conducted? This is just insane as far as I'm concerned.

I also think it's rather silly to have all nine teams in the conference go to the conference basketball tournament. I think that a MUCH better arrangement would be to have only 8 teams go to the conference BB tournaments and have the one school that is NOT going to the tournament be the host for that year.

As it stands right now U.N.L.V. has a HUGE advantage for both of their basketball teams as the statistics for home games in the MWC in basketball prove.

I agree, but I also see the monetary advantage to having it in one place every year and LV makes since. I just want to make sure we bring in outside ref's to officiate the tourney.. but maybe they already do??

ADVERTISEMENT