ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone blames the kicker

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
If I see anyone blaming the kicker for this loss I think they are dead wrong. That game was lost for a variety of reason.

A. The fumble, right after a timeout, by the 3rd string, walk-on tailback, with less than 2 1/2 minutes left in the game. He SHOULD HAVE TOLD BY THE COACHES DURING THAT TIMEOUT that his # 1 priority is HANG ON TO THE BALL. Clearly he was not.

B. The failure of the Boise State defensive back, I won't name names (# 26) to KNOCK THE BALL DOWN ON THE TWO POINT TRY (good LORD that's all he had to do was KNOCK THE BALL DOWN)

C. Giving up FOUR long TD passes - three of them more than 60 yards.

D. T.C.U. simply outplayed AND out-coached Boise State today. You have to give them credit when credit is due them.

Now I expect we will see a deluge of haters coming here to prove that they are exactly that - haters.

special teams is 1/3 of football, and often times the other 2 units (offense & defense)will look for help from the kicker, especially struggling red zone teams.

All those things you mentioned were spot on, but the kicker has to take responsibility for this loss. Same goes with Brotzman last year. It's not like we missed 43 yard plus field goals, they were easy chip shot kicks. And right now, I look at it as two chip shot kicks have cost between 28 and 34 million.

^^^agree, sometimes you can't blame st but in this case it's spot on

ADVERTISEMENT