ADVERTISEMENT

john michael davis?

NDMBEACH

Sep 18, 2003
just wondering what happened to the kid. He went to tesoro high school which is right by where i live and he was a helluva player. hows he doing with u guys?

He's not currently with the team, although he is still enrolled at school. Apparently he has some personal issues to deal with but no one knows what that means or when or if he will be back. At this point I kind of assume he won't be back but you never know.

JMD is taking care of some personal family business. He is still in school and I would be very surprised if he did not return to the team.

One of the things that has me concerned is that he is still enrolled in school, because that means his eligibility is slipping away, unless he's enrolled part time like a greyshirt.

It wouldn't matter if he was part-time or not. Once the elgibility clock starts it keeps running ... only exception I believe is a church mission.

Can't be. If you lost a year of eligibility for greyshirting, no one would ever greyshirt. There would just be no advantage to it. And greyshirts always enroll part-time and there must be a reason for this.

Now, I could believe that the eligibility clock starts ticking after you enroll full time for the first time. In other words, part-time enrollment only protects eligibility if you have never enrolled in school fulltime in the past.

The second part ... it starts once you enroll full time. I'm not sure but I beleve it starts after a certain amount of time as a part-time student as well. (maybe one semester which does allow for the grey shirt option)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT