ADVERTISEMENT

Kellen Moore Best 2010 Heisman Trophy Representative

cron48

Oct 17, 2010
In light of the recent Reggie Bush scandal that tarnished not only him and USC but the Heisman as well, I for one do not want to see the next Heisman trophy go to someone that is not only a great college football player but who also has--at least the outward appearance of being a cut above the fray in the character department. Right now that nod would go to Boise State’s Kellen Moore.

The current Heisman front runner is Cam Newton is but in my opinion the incident that forced him to leave Florida in 2008 is too egregious for him to be a good representative of the Heisman. In addition, the recent allegations swirling around about Newton’s supposed agent can’t be totally dismissed based on Newton’s past. LaMichael James, another front runner also got himself into some serious trouble last year.

I’m all for redemption and second chances, but when it comes to representing the most honored individual award in all of sports?character should definitely be a factor.I just hope that the Heisman voters will come to their senses and realize that the Heisman Trophy winner represents more than just being the best physical and statistical athlete in college football?he should also embody the attributes that we preach to our kids?even though we ourselves may fall short.

Kellen Moore has led the Broncos to 22 straight wins and--to my knowledge--has not been connected to any criminal incidents. That goes a long way in my book--his selection would also help to send a strong message about what the Heisman Trophy truly represents.

Link to article on Newton and details of 2008 incident: Do you want this guy to carry around the Heisman?

Cam Newton: Heisman Favorite Can't Win in 2010.

So because Cam bought a stolen laptop 3 yrs ago as an 18 yr old kid to do his schoolwork, he doesn't deserve the Heisman? He made a mistake, he realizes it, charges were dropped, he chose to leave UF and has developed into a fine young man. Just trash the recent smear campaign because there is nothing there. Cam, his father, and Auburn Univ did nothing wrong. This is an old story and one that the AU compliance dept ripped to shreds before they gave Auburn the ok to recruit Cam. Nothing but a smear campaign. So all you have is the laptop. It doesn't sound like you do think a kid deserves s second chance. Cam is an extraordinary human being from good parents. Do this for a little fun, combine Kellens and LaMichaels passing, rushing, and TD totals and compare their combined totals to Cams....War Damn Eagle
This post was edited on 11/8 1:52 AM by AuburnProud

Please dont bring this fight to our board....Not alot of smack here. I actually just like to watch the games, I can do without the extra stuff

Originally posted by CGBRONCO:
Please dont bring this fight to our board....Not alot of smack here. I actually just like to watch the games, I can do without the extra stuff

I agree man, there's no need for him to slam Cam on here. Thnx

I agree that Kellen Moore should win the Heisman. I like how he plays the game. He reminds me a lot of Colt McCoy. I think Moore has a future in the NFL as long as he goes to the right team and not some struggling one like the Panthers.

Best of luck to Moore and to the Broncos. Hope you all get a chance to play in the title game.

just curious why people think it's a smear campaign, what's to gain by smearing a kid?

The stolen laptop situation you mentioned was dismissed because of a witheld judgement plea, in other words you plead guilty and if you're a good boy for a year, it gets wiped from your record.

more smoke

ADVERTISEMENT