ADVERTISEMENT

McGregor Selected to Compete in World Championships

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Boise State gymnast Courtney McGregor, a rising senior, has been selected to represent her home country of New Zealand at the FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships, scheduled for Oct. 4-13, in Stuttgart, Germany.

At the World Championships, McGregor will have an opportunity to earn a second-straight Olympics bid after competing in the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro. The 2020 Summer Games will be held in Tokyo.

“I am honored to have been selected to represent New Zealand at this year’s World Championships,” McGregor said. “The past three years at Boise State have taught me so much, and I’m excited to utilize these skills in international competition.”

In order to qualify for the national team, McGregor participated in a trial in Boise in front of three international judges and her routines and scores were sent back to New Zealand via video.

The 2019 Mountain Rim Gymnastics Conference Champion in the all-around, McGregor has been named first-team all-conference each of the last two years in the all-around. She has also garnered all-league honors on bars in each of her three seasons as a Bronco, and on vault in each of her first two.

She is a three-time honoree on the MRGC All-Academic Team, was named to the Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics Association Scholastic All-America Team each of her first two seasons and was a CoSIDA Academic All-District selection this past season.

McGregor is one of three individuals currently affiliated with the program vying to represent her country at the World Championships – Isabella Amado, who previously represented Panama at the 2016 Summer Olympics, will also attempt to qualify; and volunteer assistant coach Sandra Collantes, who competed for the Broncos from 2015-18, will compete in the Pan American Games later this month, hoping to earn a bid to the World Championships. The 2019 Pan American Games are being held in Lima, Peru, Collantes’ hometown.

ADVERTISEMENT