ADVERTISEMENT

T.C.U to the Big EAST???

Well that would be frustrating, but thus is the nature of CFB....Im not convinced that in 2 years things will have improved for BSU in regards to conference affiliation.

Well, I wouldn't put TOO much stock in this story.......it is after all only the New York Post for gawd's sake.

I still think, no mattere what happens, a conference without Idaho is a better conference than one with Idaho...

Not to fear, Boise State has positioned itself to be an asset to any conference. We may end up in the Big Twelve as a traveling partner for BYU....who really knows...

After doing a little math, and figuring out the difference in mileage that would apply to T.C.U. IF they moved to the Big East I am forced to change my opinion. FACT IS - the net difference in mileage for travel for T.C.U., on average, between the schools in the Big East and the schools in the Mtn. West (in the next two years) is LESS THAN ONE MILE (on average). This shocked me. But here are the FACTS on this:

T.C.U. in the Mtn. West - Travel Miles (In a two year period)
Fort Worth, TX to Reno, NV. (Nevada) - 1,645 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Fresno, CA. (Fresno State) - 1,536 miles
Fort Worth, TX to San Diego, CA. (San Diego State) - 1,332 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Boise, ID. (Boise State Univ.) - 1,266 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Las Vegas, NV. (UNLV) - 1.198 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Laramie, WY. (Wyoming) - 918 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Fort Collins, CO. (Colorado State) - 838 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Air Force Academy, CO. (Air Force) - 719 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Albuquerque, N.M. (New Mexico) - 641 miles
AVERAGE MILEAGE = 1,121.444 miles

T.C.U. in the Big East - Travel Miles (In a two year period)
Fort Worth, TX to Storrs, CT. (Connecticut) - 1,510 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Newark, N.J. (Rutgers Univ.) - 1,393 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Syracuse, N.Y. (Syracuse Univ.) - 1,354 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Morgantown, W.V. (West Virginia Univ.)- 1,079 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Pttsburgh, PA. (Pittsburgh) - 1,099 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Tampa, FL. (South Florida) - 946 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Cincinnatti, OH. (Cincinnati) - 842 miles
Fort Worth, TX to Louisville, KY. (Louisville) - 756 miles
AVERAGE MILEAGE = 1,122.375 miles

Ironically the two newest additions to the Mtn. West (Nevada and Fresno) are the two schools that are the farthest away from T.C.U. of all of the schools in both conferences. The University of CONNECTICUT is closer to T.C.U. than either Nevada OR Fresno State.

So, in light of those facts, I think IF T.C.U. is invited to the Big East it is a slam dunk that they will accept the invite to join an A.Q. conference. Even if it is the Big East.

P.S. If you add up the mileage of the first eight teams in the Mtn. West and compare the travel mileage for T.C.U. to the travel mileage of the eight teams in the Big East it is actually 473 miles FARTHER for T.C.U. to travel to those 8 Mtn. West schools.
This post was edited on 10/1 7:56 AM by BroncoSaurus

ADVERTISEMENT