ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Golf Inks Two for 2023 Class

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Boise State Women’s Golf Head Coach Kailin Downs announced the addition of two future Broncos as part of the 2023 recruiting class, Thursday morning.

"I am thrilled to have Jillian (Hui) and Teal (Matsueda) joining our team in 2023. I anticipate both of these young ladies to come in and make an immediate impact in our lineup. They have a strong competitive drive and want to be part of the continued success of this program," Downs said.

Jillian Hui

A native of Kennewick, Wash., Hui has steadily improved throughout her high school career. During her freshman year, she averaged 76.4, and as a junior, she lowered that mark to 74.7.

Hui is a two-time first-team all-conference honoree. She finished second at the 2022 3A state tournament, leading the Southridge girls golf team to a bronze-medal performance.

What Coach Downs Says: "Jillian has long-standing family ties to Boise State and the Treasure Valley, and it is fun to have her continue that. Her passion for becoming a Bronco and her competitiveness on the course will be a great addition to our program."

Teal Matsueda

Matsueda joins the Broncos from Kaimuki, Hawaii. As a junior, Matsueda was the Oahu Interscholastic East champion and tied for 12th at the IMG Junior World Championships.

What Coach Downs Says: "I am excited to welcome Teal to our Bronco family. She brings a high level of experience and success from her junior golf career."

--BroncoSports.com--

ADVERTISEMENT