ADVERTISEMENT

You will regret the Big East Move

dedham304

Aug 14, 2003
We have seen these guys from Providence in action for years. Wait until you go to Uconn. Stadium is over an hour from their campus. Fans are the rudest with Rutgers a close second. With the quality of your program I ask myself "Why?" These are bottom feeders. All they talk about on the Rutgers and Uconn boards is how to get out of this conference and in to the Big 10 or the ACC. Neither of these things will ever happen. Trust me, they have solicited politicians to get them out. Now they are soliciting you to trap you in with 15 million dollar leaving fee. Figure it out. West Virginia left an almost automatic BCS bid to get away from these losers. Last year their BSC representative, Uconn, lost their shirts in the Fiesta Bowl and got their buns kicked. Rutgers finished last in 2010 BE, expands their stadium (which they never come close to filling), sign a bad coach for a ton of years and 2 1/2 million dollars,and they are nearly broke.

BEWARE of these people. Providence (home of the Big East ) only cared about basketball until Pitt and Syracuse left. The rest of them are, literally throwing the life ring to you people to save the conference that they ruined. The TV contract stinks and is not even solid. They keep talking about Notre Dame joining..... will never, ever happen! Look at these garden spots to which you will travel. Jersey, Hartford, Louisville, Cincinnatti... Hey fellas these are just dumps. Why do you think Miami, BC and VT go out so fast? This is a no class, in fighting group, who only cares about keeping their BCS bid. They would sell their souls for a cup of coffee let alone an invite to any conference. Don't do it!
This post was edited on 11/4 5:45 AM by dedham304

Welcome to the Big East. You will love the atmosphere and the teams. Louisville welcomes you!

Originally posted by dedham304:
We have seen these guys from Providence in action for years. Wait until you go to Uconn. Stadium is over an hour from their campus. Fans are the rudest with Rutgers a close second. With the quality of your program I ask myself "Why?" These are bottom feeders. All they talk about on the Rutgers and Uconn boards is how to get out of this conference and in to the Big 10 or the ACC. Neither of these things will ever happen. Trust me, they have solicited politicians to get them out. Now they are soliciting you to trap you in with 15 million dollar leaving fee. Figure it out. West Virginia left an almost automatic BCS bid to get away from these losers. Last year their BSC representative, Uconn, lost their shirts in the Fiesta Bowl and got their buns kicked. Rutgers finished last in 2010 BE, expands their stadium (which they never come close to filling), sign a bad coach for a ton of years and 2 1/2 million dollars,and they are nearly broke.

BEWARE of these people. Providence (home of the Big East ) only cared about basketball until Pitt and Syracuse left. The rest of them are, literally throwing the life ring to you people to save the conference that they ruined. The TV contract stinks and is not even solid. They keep talking about Notre Dame joining..... will never, ever happen! Look at these garden spots to which you will travel. Jersey, Hartford, Louisville, Cincinnatti... Hey fellas these are just dumps. Why do you think Miami, BC and VT go out so fast? This is a no class, in fighting group, who only cares about keeping their BCS bid. They would sell their souls for a cup of coffee let alone an invite to any conference. Don't do it!

Even for a BC fan this seems petty. UConn, Syracuse, and WV fans have a rep for be obnoxious. While UConn and WV often have some groups that elevate that to physical abuse or intimidation. Your dead wrong about Rutgers fans. RU and Pittsburg 2 place that any visiting fan will tell you that nobody bothers you at even when you are surrounded bt their fans tailgating.
I have not been to Louiville or Cincinatti home games so I can't comment on their fans.

Let's review Boston College's illustrious Big East History:

Point shaving basketball scandal
Gambling football scandal

BC, ACC bottom feeder.

rentschler stadium in east hartford is 12 miles from storrs campus - essentially 20 minutes down I84.

the claim about uconn fans pushing the iowa state mascot down the stairs has now been debunked. i've been to sporting events throughout the northeast (w/ season tix at both Uconn and Fenway...now they will make you blush), and I think games at uconn are pretty tame - particularly basketball games.

welcome aboard, boise state.

ADVERTISEMENT