ADVERTISEMENT

BSU/Oklahoma State

aladrew

Jan 17, 2009
Does BSU have a shot? I think so, since oSu lost their QB and awesome receiver. But Rypien is going to really have to step up this year.

I think we have a decent shot. Rypien needs to step up, and he needs to gel with the young WR group quickly. I think our experienced D will give them fits though.

I think we have a decent shot. Rypien needs to step up, and he needs to gel with the young WR group quickly. I think our experienced D will give them fits though.

Who are the WRs? There can't be anybody as good as Wilson coming back.

Does BSU have a shot? I think so, since oSu lost their QB and awesome receiver. But Rypien is going to really have to step up this year.

EAD, we got Dru Brown and Chubba Hubbard ready to run wild on the Broncos.

You know what Cowboys do to Broncos? They break em and saddle em up!!!

Stop you're getting me all riled up.

received_2212447548770745.gif

Reactions: aladrew
EAD, we got Dru Brown and Chubba Hubbard ready to run wild on the Broncos.

You know what Cowboys do to Broncos? They break em and saddle em up!!!
Never heard of the Broncos who can't be rode? Shit, Wyoming Cowboys have tried for years and got lucky one time. Were used to you trying.

I'm more worried about the Troy game to be honest.

The wide receivers will be better this year than they were last year even after losing Wilson to graduation. Jonathon Moxie, AJ Richardson and Akilian Butler would be an upgrade to a lot of Power 5 teams

But wait ...

The Broncos had what could be their best wide recover class ever even with Cam Thomas not qualifying.
(And Bronco fans would know that is a bold statement considering some of the wide recover classes we have had in the past) .
Watch for these newcomers to get significant playing time this season.

two of these guys probably would have not red shirted this year and played a true freshmen but with the new NCAA redshirt rules they may be able to rotate them enough to let them keep their redshirt and still get important playing time?

I dunno anyone should sleep on OSU just yet. They've got a prolific offense. Sure, the QB is a question, but that's Gundy's favorite spot: people disregard his squad and *bam* they put up 65 points on you.

The early-game jitters may take 10% off the scoring average, and maybe the new QB accounts for a 30% drop in scoring. In any case, 40% off their scoring average of 45 points is: 27 points.

Can Boise score more than 4 TDs against the pokes?

Reactions: CowpokeU
I dunno anyone should sleep on OSU just yet. They've got a prolific offense. Sure, the QB is a question, but that's Gundy's favorite spot: people disregard his squad and *bam* they put up 65 points on you.

The early-game jitters may take 10% off the scoring average, and maybe the new QB accounts for a 30% drop in scoring. In any case, 40% off their scoring average of 45 points is: 27 points.

Can Boise score more than 4 TDs against the pokes?

We've got a brand new DC and a new Scheme too. Also, our DC was a student of the man heading up TCU.

We are running a 4-2-5 with lots of pressure and mixed looks.

Should be fun!!!!

I'm more worried about the Troy game to be honest.

The wide receivers will be better this year than they were last year even after losing Wilson to graduation. Jonathon Moxie, AJ Richardson and Akilian Butler would be an upgrade to a lot of Power 5 teams

But wait ...

The Broncos had what could be their best wide recover class ever even with Cam Thomas not qualifying.
(And Bronco fans would know that is a bold statement considering some of the wide recover classes we have had in the past) .
Watch for these newcomers to get significant playing time this season.

two of these guys probably would have not red shirted this year and played a true freshmen but with the new NCAA redshirt rules they may be able to rotate them enough to let them keep their redshirt and still get important playing time?
Please don't take this as disrespect to Boise- it isn't.

But OSU plays against legit 4 and 5 stars receivers each week in conference. I'm not sure BSU's corp is too much for them to handle.

Please don't take this as disrespect to Boise- it isn't.

But OSU plays against legit 4 and 5 stars receivers each week in conference. I'm not sure BSU's corp is too much for them to handle.

True ... but history might suggest that not all coaches / teams get the same amount of success from their players abilities. Boise State 'system' has a prety good track record for getting a lot from their little 2 and 3 star recruits.

As for your new defense, if it's the same as Patterson's then several of the current Boise State coaches played against that defense. Boise State and TCU were developing a pretty nice rivalry before TCU jumped to the Big 12.

I hope I didn't offend you when I said I was more worried about the Troy game because I could easily see the Broncos losing both those games. I just don't think they will. I think the strength of this bronco team is going to be their defense. They have the potential to be a top 10 defense this year even after losing Vander Esche early to the NFL.

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT