ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Friday: Upgraded Ford Fan Zone

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Bronco Nation is invited to check out Albertsons Stadium’s newest feature and score a great deal on tickets this weekend. A street art wall mural was recently completed at the northeast corner of Albertsons Stadium, near the student entrance.

Starting Friday and continuing through Sunday, fans can take a photo of themselves in front of the mural and share it to social media using the hashtag #BroncoNation for a chance to be featured on the Boise State Athletics social media channels.

Signs will be placed alongside the mural featuring a QR code that fans can scan to get discounted tickets to Boise State football’s home opener against UTEP, Sept. 10.

The mural was created by Douglas Wilson, a regional artist who has done similar works for art for Real Salt Lake and the University of Utah.
"I know that Boise State is an important part of this community and all of Idaho,” Wilson said. “I honestly think it’s a huge part of the Western United States and it’s making a mark around the country.”

The concept was developed by Matt Thomas, assistant athletic director for revenue and brand strategies.

“All the people who have passed by and seen it are really, really excited about it,” said Thomas. “I think it’s something that’s new, unique and that’s what we are at Boise State. We’re new, we’re unique, we’re innovative and we find new ways to connect with the community.”

ADVERTISEMENT