ADVERTISEMENT

Marlene Tromp named to NCAA Board of Directors

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Boise State University President Dr. Marlene Tromp has been appointed to the NCAA Division I Board of Directors as the Mountain West representative, the league office announced Thursday.

The Board of Directors is the top governing body for Division I, responsible for strategy and policy, and overseeing legislation and management of the division.

“Boise State is a proud member of the Mountain West Conference,” Dr. Tromp said. “Our Broncos have made their mark on the national stage, and I am thrilled to participate in the national conversation about college athletics. It is an honor to represent our conference in this role.”

The board has 24 members, and Tromp is one of only 20 university presidents and chancellors on the board nationwide, and the only representative from Idaho. The board includes one president or chancellor from each conference in the Football Bowl Subdivision and 10 rotating seats among the remaining 22 conferences. The board also includes one athletic director, one faculty athletic representative, one senior woman administrator and one student-athlete.

“The Mountain West is pleased to have Boise State President Marlene Tromp represent the Conference on the NCAA Division I Board of Directors at this pivotal moment in the history of intercollegiate athletics,” said MW Commissioner Craig Thompson. “Working in concert with her fellow league presidents and the Conference staff, she will articulate and advance the Mountain West’s point of view.”

The Board of Directors focuses on strategic topics in college sports and their relationship to higher education, monitors legislation to ensure it does not conflict with policies and goals, reviews and approves policies and procedures governing the infractions program, approves an annual budget, adopts legislation when significant values are at stake or an issue requires fast action that does not allow use of the regular legislative process and collaborates with NCAA staff on how the national office can best serve Division I members.

Beginning on Jan. 1, 2022, Dr. Tromp will serve on the Board of Directors for four years, through August 2026.

“I have been appreciative of Dr. Tromp’s leadership since my arrival at Boise State, and know that she will do an amazing job helping to lead the efforts of our industry’s national organization,” director of athletics Jeramiah Dickey said. “These are historic times in collegiate athletics, and I am excited for the impact she will have on the future of all institutions at our level while representing the Broncos and the Mountain West.”

~broncosports.com

ADVERTISEMENT