ADVERTISEMENT

Overhaul of recruiting calender

CGBRONCO

Immediately!! If Not Sooner!!!
Staff
Jan 3, 2005
http://www.ncaa.org/aboutresourcesm...er-early-signing-period-football?sf37967635=1

And the addition of a tenth coach!! Big changes could be on the way!

The June period seems incredibly early. If I was a coach I may not want to sign a kid until I see some senior film, I don't care how good they are! Lining up with the JC kids in December is a home run though... JC, Greenshirts and regular kids all signing at same time!!

Reactions: MikeWittmann
I'm not against early signing periods, because I think it could help schools like BSU or small schools who get poached late. I personally hate seeing a school find a kid, develop a relationship, get him excited, have him verbal to a school and be committed for months only for a bigger school to swoop in a month before signing day and woo him away.

This new rule would protect schools like BSU. However, I haven't seen anything that would protect a recruit if a coach leaves a school after he has signed. For me, that is a must have. As great as it would be if a kid committed to a school for the school (and some do), the majority commit because of a relationship with a coach or coaches.

I love an early signing period, I just think June is way to early. They haven't even had summer conditioning.... I like to see one 2-3 week of December. That lets kids finish thier season and sign before the holiday.

June does protect kids from senior season injuries?

I agree June is so early.

August to me would be nice. For the kids who just wanna commit before their senior year and enjoy it.

I don't know, pros and cons to both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT