ADVERTISEMENT

We can only hope...

I disagree ... with all it's faults college football still needs a governing body. Someone that the 'BIG' boys have to answer to.

Does the NCAA need a major overhaul, yes. But without them the schools in the 'Big Five' conferences would quickly tear down all the advances the NCAA has made over the years to help level the playing field for small schools like Boise State to participate with bigger and richer programs.

The most important of those being the scholarship limits which has done more to level the college plying field than any other rule. Without it teams like Texas and Ohio state would be back up to 300 man rosters, let them start paying the player monthly incomes (not to mention hookers, cars, etc.) and before long they have better practice squads than most teams starters.

What I think needs to happen is the university Presidents need to find their moral compass and say no to all the big money and return college sports back to what they once were and stop using them to fund their universities.

No doubt, BSU is in a touch spot.

All this upheaval, makes me sick.

However, the end of the NCAA would possibly be the worst thing possible for the Broncos. I am a Husker fan, so apologies for my outsider perspective.

Right now, with all the confusion, BSU might well be left on the outside. If the NCAA was erased, I think BSU would CERTAINLY be left out. And I would be very sad for this, as a CFB fan. Your team has worked its way up, demanded recognition, and NOT gone away, in the face of huge obstacles. This is what the game should be about.

I suspect the PAC and Big 12 are reconsidering the landscape and the future right now. I think there will be offers coming. There is nothing here but intuition, but I think it would be a shame if Boise was left out. You folks have done everything right, and I strongly think you will NOT be left out.

A toast to you all, and I hope you land in a decent conference.

With respect,

Flood

There is REALLY only ONE paragraph of that completely SPECULATIVE article that is relevant:

"Not that any of this is going to happen. For all of the upheaval and veiled threats from the power conferences, Emmert's NCAA will almost certainly hold together. It's awfully hard to walk away from a legally sanctioned price-fixing scheme -- even when it's in your own best interests to do so."

Reactions: fsuguy83
the reality is we are a mom and pop trying to compete with the Walmarts. Sooner or later, we are going to have to come to the conclusion that cfb has forever changed, not for the good. THe reality is we are going to have to step back, let the dust settle, and find a fit in the best interest of the student / athlete.

what are the chances that these power conferences are over reaching. If they attempted a break away I would be willing to bet, that as silly as it may seem congress would get involved as most if not all of these universities receive a good chunk of federal funding.

It seems that the NCAA is almost a pseudo federal agency anyways... like the federal reserve bank

again, we can only hope this craptastic slave labor organization is completely disbanded. Is it any coincidence they've gone after the top 3 cfb programs on the west coast (BSU, Oregon & USC)..... they were caught red handed, not once but twice....about lying in their investigations. THey had nothing on McNair and still went after him in what is being described as a "reckless disregard for the truth" and "covertly" tried to influence other NCAA members to vote and hand down punishment on McNair.

CFB does not need an organization that "covertly" tries to influence people nor does it need an organization that disregards the facts, ignores the facts and worse yet still tries to impose it's ambiguous enforcement policies & procedures on certain schools, while letting other schools walk.

Two things need to happen to right this CFB ship, get rid of the Never Consistant About Anything (NCAA) and get rid of ESPN's hold on CFB. Start opening up the bidding process for tv contracts whereas you would conduct it in a way no network could have control over cfb. Paying 2.5 billion to the SEC for tv rights, influencing rankings with your horeshit bcs shows & exclusively promoting that conference you have an investment in doesn't do the rest of CFB any good (imo).

I just think it is the People that make up the NCAA that is the problem.... What qualifies someone to be a NCAA full time employee??? I bet 80% are lawyers...... What do lawyers want to do???? Litigate.

Perhaps cleaning house and finding a more appropriate employee base to help develop and enforce eligibility rules
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There is REALLY only ONE paragraph of that completely SPECULATIVE article that is relevant:

"Not that any of this is going to happen. For all of the upheaval and veiled threats from the power conferences, Emmert's NCAA will almost certainly hold together. It's awfully hard to walk away from a legally sanctioned price-fixing scheme -- even when it's in your own best interests to do so."
This man gets it.

ADVERTISEMENT