ADVERTISEMENT

A Couple Boise State recruiting/team notes...

LarsHanson

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2016
Been meaning to post a couple things over here for the past couple days but haven't had the time. Wanted to post what I've been hearing with Junior Adams' replacement and the recruiting front...

With Bryan Thompson officially off the board the receiving corps is pretty much in limbo until Harsin appoints a new WR coach. The feeling is for Thompson it comes down to relationships and while he has a good one with Harsin, his relationship with Adams made him commit. Thompson told me he's hoping to hear from Matt Lubick now that he's finally settled at Baylor, so that's something to watch.

From sources I've spoken with Kirby Moore, a former Bronco and current WR coach at Fresno State, is unlikely to make any move including to Boise at this point. Moore previous was a GA at Washington under Chris Petersen and with former UW analyst Jeff Tedford moving to become the Bulldogs head coach, Moore is very loyal to Tedford and leaving immediately would leave a poor taste.

2017 three-star Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne inside linebacker/defensive end Anthony Pandy told me this week his top three in no order is Arizona, Washington State and Boise State. He currently has official visits scheduled to Arizona on Jan. 13-15, Washington State on Jan. 20-22 and working to schedule an official to Boise State the following weekend. He likes the appeal of the Pac-12 but noted that Boise State is definitely in the picture.

I was able to talk a little bit with 2017 Rockdale (Tex.) running back Davion Ford this week, who said he heard from Boise State RB coach Lee Marks last Thursday, along with hearing from UCF. In my opinion Ford is the next prospect in line for an offer from Boise State, but it's contingent on a couple other prospects including Cyrus Habibi-Likio. Over the weekend 2017 four-star Frisco (Tex.) Independence RB Dominic Williams, a current Kansas commit, told me that he's only taking one official visit: Kansas on Jan. 20-22. Williams had been considering Boise State but now is solely focused on the Jayhawks.

2017 three-star Kahuku (Hi.) athlete Kekaula Kaniho told me this weekend he's considering taking a third official visit to Washington State on Jan. 20-22, the weekend following his official to Boise State on Jan. 13-15. Kaniho has already taken an official to San Diego State on Dec. 9-11 but remains torn between all three schools. He's just waiting for Washington State to confirm his official, but one topic to watch is WSU defensive line coach Joe Salave'a possibly going to Oregon, which would impact Kaniho's recruitment significantly. He's got a strong relationship with Boise defense coordinator Andy Avalos which will also be something that might sway him in the Broncos' favor.

Reactions: Stanley Brewster
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News