ADVERTISEMENT

A new rogue conference - suggestions

futuremodal

Nov 30, 2008
Hey guys, just doing some speculating/what-ifs/what could possibly go wrong, etc.

It is apparent that there are a slew of non-AQ schools that have shown a commitment to quality in terms of competing with BCS teams. If we could get all the better non-AQ schools together and form a new conference, who is in it and how would it look?

My new rogue conference proposal:

12 teams, 2 divisions is ideal - 12 to justify a conference championship game. No more, no less.

West division:

1. Boise State
2. Nevada
3. Fresno State
4. San Diego State
5. Utah State
6. BYU? Hawaii?

East division

1. SMU
2. Houston
3. Southern Miss
4. Louisiana Tech
5. Air Force
6. Tulsa? Ohio?

Like the former 12-team SEC, a team would play everyone in their division each year, aka 5 inter-divisional games. But unlike the old 12-team SEC, a team would only play 2 of the other division teams (once every three years), allowing each team to schedule 5 OOC games to accomodate more AQ matchups without eliminating a couple of cupcake games (which all teams need to catch a breather now and then).

Discuss.

I like it, great thinking outside the box. How about Cincy instead of Ohio? Although your version should have long term stability. Are the Broncos staying? I hear they are not going to the big east but even with the reduced money I heard they would double their annual TV money going to the Big East. Best of Luck. Hail to PITT! Jedi

ADVERTISEMENT