ADVERTISEMENT

Appalachian State Fan Here....

eric515

Jun 21, 2007
Tell me what the mood was amongst your fan base when you made the move? Were there folks adamantly against it? Did they say they'd stop going to games if you moved up to the "bogus" I-A? Where are those folks now? Did they come back?

I ask because we have a lot of short-sighted folks in our ranks right now that seem to think we'd fade to obscurity if we moved up...they don't realize the potential. It's rather frustrating, because we were probably weren't that far behind you guys when you moved up...or Marshall, or Troy...and here we are, over a decade later, thumping our chests as a big fish in a small pond.

Just thought I'd ask. I need peace of mind that we aren't the only schools with shrinking violet fans who cringe at the thought of tougher competition. What do you like about I-A? What do you miss about I-AA?

Thanks in advance.

-Eric
Appalachian State '01

Silly people.
Very few fans were not for moving up back in 95.
Most fans were trying to keep up with Nevada. Nevada moved up earlier and the Bronco fans wanted to move up then. The Idaho State Board of Education kept Boise St from moving up 10 years before we finally did.....

ADVERTISEMENT