ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Pease?

dhunt06

Jul 13, 2006
does him coming back and being named OC so quickly lead you guys to believe Peterson is staying?

Well, nothing's been announced, so there are a lot of unknowns, still. However, I do think it bodes well for Coach Pete's longevity here, yes.

Its the head coach who hires the OC, so either Pete is staying or he's already gone and our AD hired Pease as head coach. Obviously the latter is pretty unlikely.

thanks guys that's what I was thinking as well, our board is in meltdown so worried Pete is gonna take the Stanford job. Do you guys have any thoughts on Hars and what type of coach/recruiter we're getting? I'm so excited about this hire...hopefully he tears it up here and then in the future rejoins Boise St as the HC.

Harsin was well liked by the fans and he had the confidence of Coach Pete and that says a lot. Our coaches break up recruiting by geographic region. I'm not sure what part of the country Harsin was recruiting, and there is some overlap/crosstalk with the position coaches so its not crystal clear anyway.

It will all shake out in the next few days. But as I've said before I think the chances of Petersen leaving Boise State for Stanford is less than one percent. For a LOT of reasons. Here's one reason, even tho I firmly believe Petersen is NOT all about money. For the 2010 football season Petersen's base salary was $1,290,00 (or right below that, i.e., 1.289 million). Jim Harbaugh's base salary at Stanford for 2010 was $1,250,000. Plus Petersen's contract, which was just signed this year for the next FIVE years, calls for Petersen to receive an annual $100,000 raise each year for the next five years. Plus he will receive a $200,000 longevity bonus if he is still employed at Boise State on Feb. 1, 2011 (just a few weeks away). And that does not include various other incentives in his contract at Boise State.

Plus there is the very real difference in the cost of living between living in Boise, Idaho, and living in the Bay area of California. Earning 1.3 plus per year in Boise, ID., is basically the equivalent of earning more than 2 million per year in the Bay area of CA. (or more). So by taking the job at Stanford - IF it is even being offered to him (which none of us even knows) would mean a REDUCTION in salary for Petersen.
This post was edited on 1/9 4:26 PM by BroncoSaurus

ADVERTISEMENT