ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Harsin Question

Gumbywan

Jan 7, 2005
Hello, I am a Longhorn fan, and I come here in peace!

Harsin's name is being floated as the next OC for Texas. I was wondering if any Bronco fans could comment on him, and his role at BSU? How involved is he with game plans and play calling? How is his recruiting?

Thanks in advance. I have liked your program and respected how you have built it. Also, I loved your beating of OU, as one would expect from any Texas fan.

Harsin is a former Boise State quarterback. Very doubtful he'd leave. He has been offered before and has chosen to remain here. He's also, most likely, next in line to be head coach at BSU if and when Petersen ever does leave.

Harsin is a solid BSU guy for sure but I didn't think Wilcox would leave either.

I think that if Harsin were to take another job somewhere Texas would be a good choice ...especially if they throw an ungodly amount of money at him.

Texas could be a great learning experience (as well as some great recruiting contacts) for Harsin to prepare him for the head coaching job here in Boise after Pete retires.

Not saying Hars is leaving or that I want him to leave ... he will do what is best for him and his family. Texas is a great program an has a lot to offer a young coach and I think a head coaching positions here at Boise after Pete leaves will be a very real possibility for Harsin either way.

Harsins a class act,you guys could do ALOT worse no doubt!!!If he's interested,i'm happy for him he deserves it but know that he is a product of a system that's been in place here for a long long time that has made many many coaches look like prodigies only to have them fail elsewhere!

Harsin is The Devil. He'll get your whole team hooked on meth and sleep with their mothers. Don't hire him.

He's a hometown guy. My personal opinion is that most people who spend their whole lives in Boise aren't gonna be too excited about living in Texas. Washington or Cali or Colorado or Oregon would make more sense as far as states to move to. But money talks and Texas is a great football school so who knows.

Originally posted by NorthTexasHorn:
Originally posted by Bronco_Billy:
Harsin is The Devil. He'll get your whole team hooked on meth and sleep with their mothers. Don't hire him.

Pics?

Heh! If they exist, I bet they're hawt!
laugh.gif

Sounding like maybe you guys are going to wind up with Chryst, though, rather than Harsin.

I laughed out loud.

(My vote for next OC at Texas is Harsin.)

Originally posted by bobbers1:

I laughed out loud.

(My vote for next OC at Texas is Harsin.)

Reports this morning that Harsin will be headed to Texas on a private plane are circulating because Chryst is being non-committal (supposedly because of the Pitt job). You may get your wish. I hope you don't, but you might.

Harsin and his wife arrived in Austin a few minutes ago, were met by Sally Brown (Mack's wife) and were met by a "mini circus" of reporters. The number of reporters was great enough that an area was roped off for them to keep them away from the plane.

I think you can say goodbye to Harsin, because Sally is a big coffee drinker (and coffee is only for closers).

Harsin and his wife arrived in Austin a few minutes ago, were met by Sally Brown (Mack's wife) and were met by a "mini circus" of reporters. The number of reporters was great enough that an area was roped off for them to keep them away from the plane.

I think you can say goodbye to Harsin, because Sally is a big coffee drinker (and coffee is only for closers).

Is Sally more of a Folger's/Maxwell House kind of coffee drinker or a Starbuck's kind of coffee drinker? Answer quickly. The fate of the OC position for two schools depends on the answer!

Is Sally more of a Folger's/Maxwell House kind of coffee drinker or a Starbuck's kind of coffee drinker? Answer quickly. The fate of the OC position for two schools depends on the answer!

Apparently a Kona "closer's" blend! We'll see what he can now do with a bigger talent pool and a bigger spotlight. Hopefully a lot.

Hook 'em and Boise St, I hope this doesn't slow yall down. You've been good for college football and maybe we'll see oyu in a BCS game soon.

ADVERTISEMENT