ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton - say goodbye to Heisman chances

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
And one has to wonder if the scandal that is Cam Newton will also mean Auburn's wins this season will be Forfeited because of him playing this year for Auburn.

LINK

well the SEC has had the information for a year now.

here's all you need to know about the Cam situation. (see link)

Las Vegas

Actually all you need to know is that MSU offered money so Cam and Cecil ran to Auburn. No money ever changed hands at MSU and definitely no money changed hands at Auburn. Cam will play for the remainder of the season. Cam will win the Heisman, hands down. Auburn will not forfeit any wins, they did nothing wrong. Auburn knows it, the SEC knows it, the NCAA knows it. Which is why you saw Cam on the field today. Everybody is so into this Cam was paid crap. We arent worried here at Auburn, at all, and we played like it today. Now MSU is a different story, theres your forfeited wins right there...War Damn Eagle

well im willing to watch how it all plays out......but the fact is right now Auburn is between us and #1 so I wouldnt mind if they lost in a good game with Bama

I think anytime Vegas cancels betting on a game, it's a major red flag. Having the FBI conducting an investigation is beyond a red flag alert, with subpeona power, and the ability to arrest someone on federal charges for lying, it's a far cry from the NCAA investigating something. I'm wondering why the SEC has been holding on to this info for almost a year?

If Newton wins the Heisman and Auburn wins the NC only to have them forefeit the season 6 months later, it would be a page right out of John Calipari's book.

Has anyone heard any mention of any involvement by Auburn coaches? No..Auburn boosters? No...Ex Auburn players? No...The FBI is investigation things on the MSU side. Have we heard talk of MSU coaches involved? Yes...MSU boosters? Yes...Ex MSU players? Yes

we don't know yet about Auburn coaches or boosters, and I'll guarantee the FBI will do a full investigation.

I haven't really followed the day to day on this story but here's what seems strange to me. If MSU offered Newton's father 200k, after knowing his father was shopping his son to a university, are we supposed to believe Newton's father advised him to go to Auburn because they weren't going to pay anything? The kid wanted to go to MSU, but his dad steared him to Auburn. Why?

Originally posted by AuburnProud:
Has anyone heard any mention of any involvement by Auburn coaches? No..Auburn boosters? No...Ex Auburn players? No...The FBI is investigation things on the MSU side. Have we heard talk of MSU coaches involved? Yes...MSU boosters? Yes...Ex MSU players? Yes

I think your in denial. Sorry to say.

It's looking like Auburn let's its boosters get out of control. The sadest thing is that you may actually be right in one way..The majority of the Auburn administration probably didn't know what was going on...Then again, turning a blind eye isn't much of a defense.

Way to much smoke for Auburn to skate on this. Can't see it happening.

socalbroncfan- trust me, I wasn't turning a blind eye to the Auburn admin & boosters, I wasn't really paying attention to the details to make a comment. I will say this, over the last few days from what I've read, this thing is much bigger than Cam & his dad.

AuburnProud, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you typing all of this with a straight face, or are you trying to be an internet funny guy? Dude....you.....are......toast!!!!! End of story. Look man, it's tragic for fans like yourself. I've got no beef with you or Auburn. But, if you and your fan base can't see what's coming, which I find impossible to believe, I frankly don't know what to tell you. Denial is not the word. I don't think there's a term for the blindness of the Aubie's defense of their football program. You can burn me and cuss me and tell me how stupid I am, but from what I'm hearing, this thing goes way way way way deeper than Cam Newton. Look guys, I'm not some UGA asshole wishing this on you, my sfather is an Aubie so I'm not out here spewing hate. I'm just telling you to wake the f%ck up! You are finished!!!!!!!

I edited this twice. I stand by my Auburn Tigers. I, as well as many Auburn fans that are very close to this, expect Auburn, Cam, and the Newton family to be completely cleared, and possibly soon. Dont believe everything you read, I think we can all agree that a lot of people have been mislead by media reports on this entire mess. I will share this with you, this from our boards....

Hey guys, just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know that nothing has changed since our last update:

- Cam Newton is still eligible to play at Auburn University.
- Auburn is still unfazed by any and all allegations.
- There is nothing that I am aware of that would change either of the two statements above, including allegations of solicitation by Cam's father, Cecil Newton.
- We have heard of a possible statement by the NCAA clearing Cam/Auburn, but have not confirmed that either way and until we do, we will not report on that.
- As far as we know, there is no reason to speculate on anything regarding Cam and/or Auburn. Both, at this point, are clear and are expected to remain that way.

This post was edited on 11/20 12:21 AM by AuburnProud
This post was edited on 11/20 12:25 AM by AuburnProud
This post was edited on 11/20 12:28 AM by AuburnProud

Unlike most of your posts, auburnproud, I actually read that one. I hope you are right as i would just prefer that this kind of thing did not exist in CFB at all...but based on what I have read about the extensive corruption at auburn, that just might be the most optimistic post in history. Seriously I would advise all auburn fans to keep quiet until this whole thing blows over, which might take decades.

I wish we got to talk more about what we see on the field than talk about what other people have to say about what they saw on the field....Hope Cam was playing it straight...and that Bama beats Auburn!!

Trust me when I say everyone outside of Auburn is way more interested in Camgate than Auburns fans are. Here is a typical post from the Auburn boards. I am not an Auburn fan that is "in the know" but there are a lot of Auburn posters that are....

Guys, I have been sitting on this for a while, and I just really need to share it now.

As many of you know, I worked for 10 years in the Athletic Department at Auburn. I am family friends with Jay Jacobs, though I am not particularly close to him. There have been a lot of rumors going around about what the Auburn administration knows and doesn't know, and I think I can shed some light onto that. Like I said, I am close to the Jacobs family, and this info comes directly from a relative of Jay.

The FBI has been investigating McGregor for the gambling conspiracy probe, but none of that turned up any information on Cam Newton or any other Auburn players. It did, however, turn up some dirt on our old friend Kenny Rogers. Apparently Kenny has been doing this song and dance for awhile, setting up Mississippi State players with boosters to get paid to play. Well, the money started drying up at Miss St. A couple of the major boosters helping out have lost everything in the economic collapse. Kenny called Cecil Newton and told him about the arrangements that Miss St players of a certain value normally got. Kenny said he could make it happen for a 10% cut. Cecil, in a lapse of judgment, agreed. Rogers approached the normal boosters for the money, but they rejected him. That is where things got hairy. According to what Cecil has admitted to the Auburn administration, Rogers then approached Bond and Bell for the money. He initially asked for 180K, but they declined. Rogers claimed other colleges were offering more, even though it wasn't true. It was just a bargaining ploy. He dropped the price all the way down to 100K before Cecil decided better of it and backed out. Cecil told Auburn everything, and the SEC has known about this since January. The NCAA has known about it since July, and Cam is still eligible.

This is where the FBI comes in. When Rogers realized he wasn't getting any money at Miss St, he approached some well known Auburn boosters, including McGregor. That is when the FBI got him on tape. The FBI has Rogers admitting that he had orchestrated pay for play at Miss St with a couple of boosters named on the tape. The FBI is looking at bank records and transactions of the boosters as we speak. This will not end well at all for Mississippi State. The Miss St coaches had no idea how deep this went. If they had, they would not have stirred up this hornets nest. They had assumed Cam had been paid to go to Auburn, but he is completely innocent. McGregor had told Rogers, who at that time didn't even have any contact with the Newtons, that he was not into paying players. But this explains why the FBI was asking the Miss St people about McGregor: because of his association with Kenny Rogers.

Just be patient, Auburn fans. I trust the guy I talked to, and all this will come to light soon enough.

WDE

ADVERTISEMENT