ADVERTISEMENT

Can you guys really beat GEORGIA this year?

From a Dawg fan to a Bronco fan... my perspective

The word in the bulldog nation is: uncertainty

As the other poster said... 'For Boise State, 05 might as well be 30 years ago' and the same can be said for Georgia.

As a Dawg fan I don't speak for the entire nation, but I think the census behind the nation is simple... If our boys don't come into the dome respecting Boise State, we can't win.

We've had a tough past 3 years, and its placed a level of humbleness on what was once an undoubtedly stellar football team. We are exicted about some of the changes our coaches have made and some of the new faces in some positions, but all of these are untested and we expect Boise State to be an excellent litmus.

What we know about Boise State is that you guys rarely beat yourselves because you're a well coached and well managed football team. You guys make the other guys beat you. We can't expect to play basic set football and wait for you to trip up, it doesn't often happen, so the Broncos will test every aspect of our new developed football schemes, and you guys will do so every snap. I am anticipating the battle between Broncos offense against our new structured and settled defense to be the game winning factor for both teams. No doubt, Broncos offense is spot on. Grantham has been working and he's finally got the personel and the structure to make UGA D a total 3-4 D rather than our hybrid 4-3/3-4 so this match up alone is gonna be great to watch.

In this game I believe every snap will count and every play will make a difference in the end.

As a fan of any team, we always want and expect our team to win, but logically speaking, this game is just as much Broncos as it is Dawgs.

We will go into the dome respecting a greatly prepared and coached football team that has been exceeding expectations for the past few seasons. Keep in mind, Georgia has something to prove, most of us accept the Broncos as a superior team in comparison to UGA from last season, and we feel somewhat of the underdog (no pun). However, we also feel that our coaches have been able to target our weakensses and in the off-season have put those issues to rest.

Not sure of the outcome, I feel like most I've talked with that this game can go either way, but I can guarantee you one thing, it'll be great exposure for Boise just as it will UGA and it'll be a super game and I'm excited to watch both of these teams hash it out in September! Both of our football programs deserve this chance...

Good luck folks, nothing but respect to the Broncos, you guys have a great foot ball team, look forward to the game!

Even under Hawkins, BSU was a pretty well coached team. But back then there was some truth to what BSU fans are sick of hearing from BCS fans: that we didn't have the athletes or depth to compete at the highest level. This was apparent in our game vs Louisville in 04, where despite barely losing we did get pushed around a bit. I was not confident at all during the first Georgia game, especially after we had some guys suspended (including our all-WAC LB Colt Brooks) that left our D a little thin. And the Zabransky meltdown? I didn't even know it was possible for one guy to F up a game like that (Zabransky subsequently said the same thing).

But there has been a meteoric rise in the caliber of player BSU has been getting since then that BCS fans can't appreciate, since they've been getting more-or-less great athletes forever. Add that to the fact that Coach Pete appears to be a much better coach than Hawkins and that's why I say comparing 05 to now is pointless.

Anybody who watched the Nevada game last year could see our D was tired, but I don't think this was a depth issue (even with our starting MLB Hout being injured). I just think that was a tough game against a very good and very fired up opponent. The fact that is was 25 degrees and at 4500 vertical feet didn't help either, and I think Nevada could have beaten anyone that night, including both Auburn and Oregon. The weakness of BSU's schedule overall has been greatly exaggerated for a variety of reasons.

Who'll win? I don't know. I guess BSU by 10, but whether its 17-7 or 30-20 I have no idea.

Fogotten Gatorz, The dawgs last game was a loss to Central Friggin Florida. Can Boise really beat Georgia? Of course. Will they? Time will tell.

Richt has made some changes that may help improve over last years dismal season. Our QB has experience. The S&C program has been revamped. The defense should be improved with the right players in place to implement the 3/4. All this gives us hope....but I don't think any serious Dawg fan is taking Boise for granted.

I think the knock on Ya'll is that you play 1 or 2 big ball games a year with ample time to prepare. I usually hear that if BSU had to play a full SEC schedule they would not go undef. I think you could say that about any program in the country.

My biggest worry is that this is one of those games where ya'll have ample time to prepare, break down film, and game plan.

We on the other hand have had our share of problems that have been well documented. There will be talk of Coach Richt being on the Hot Seat and we will be at least a touchdown underdog. That will add pressure to BSU as ya'll have been the underdog in most of these big games since 05.

All due respect to BSU and what your players, coaches, and university have done! I just wish we were playing this one outside at 3:30pm in Atlanta! That would give us a hugh advantage!

Bottome line: Ya'll win and there will be BCS National Championship talk. We win and ya'll drop to the bottom half of the top 25, and take on the persona that you can't compete in the SEC. Enjoy the pressure of high expectations, hope ya'll do better with it than we did. Oh yeah, if we win it will be an after thought for everyone except us . . . unless we go on to beat South Carolina the next week. Then we will get some recognition. Can't wait for Sept., all of this speculation gives me a headache!

Go Dawgs!

I really do not know what to think about this game. Georgia is a big question mark right now but it is not like they are a turd of a program. I think which ever team wins will be the team that really gives it their all in the player ran workouts. We are both replacing quite a few players and these "workouts" are going to really be key for the new guys. The tension and build up for this game is going to be insane. I would hate to have to call the odds for this game.

Boise should win, they will be preseason top 5 while UGA just lost to Central florida. I don't think boise gains anything from playing UGA, how is this game different or better than their VT game last year.

Anyway with that said, I think UGA has everything to gain from beating boise state. The team is uncertain but one thing is for sure, Georgia has alot of talent all over the ball and their QB is the best in the SEC this year.

Will be a great game, I will be there. A great game to kickoff the 2011 season. Everyone will be watching nationally.

Originally posted by NorthEastCorner:
41-14? Sec fans are so cute.

I think that's the score on his sig, it was the score in the Tenn, UGA game and that's the picture he has up. I think a lot of us hope for that kind of score but we are realistic and know it will probably be a very close game.

UGA hasn't been "GEORGIA" for 3 years

The problems that caused2 that "malaise" have been corrected. Some changes from last year are:
- The defense now has 2 true nose guards (340 and 350lbs) to plug up the middle and allow linebackers to stop the end runs.
- There is a new strength and conditioning program that has made a DRAMATIC change in player strength and stamina.
- Malcontent players have been invited to leave. The players remaining are focused and cohesive.
- Georgia signed one of the top running backs in the nation last year. Isiah Crowell was a 5-star and has lived up to his billing so far in camp. However, he will not start against Boise because former 5-star recruit Richard Samuel (6-2 238 4.5-40)will start and follow the blocking of 272 pound fullback Bruce Figgins.

Re: UGA hasn't been "GEORGIA" for 3 years

we really need a real FB to block for our TB's. Samuel/Figgins combo Isn't scaring anybody and IC will be to quick for Figgins to block for....we really need a smnaller and quicker FB to step up

Can UF still be UGA is the bigger question.

Now that Muschamp is going to kick the deviants off the Gator team will they still have the talent to be as good as they have been?

Re: UGA hasn't been "GEORGIA" for 3 years

Have you looked at the roster, Za.nder Ogletree is smaller, faster and loves to knock people out, dang nesr killed his brother last week in practice.

Alabama fan here..........

Sitting on the sideline watching. I mention only a couple of things from my point of view:
1) UGA has a much larger, physically, team...will their new strength coach have them in shape???
2) If UGA can run on you, they will win, if not, probably a Boise St. game

BINGO!

They will not stop the run behind this OL regardless of what they think about them, they are big and have plenty of experience, the only new one is Burnette and he is a solid player, very smart.

Gates was a basketball star and moved ahead of a 5th year senior last year as a true freshman.

Anderson is a road grader that will not be stopped.

Our backs are the biggest combo in the country at 272 and 243, Samuel was a 5* recruit and is fast, Crowell has looked like Hearst in practice.

We will run a lot and use a pair of 270 pound TE's when we need to block, they can't score if they don't have the ball and we will eat up the clock Saturday night.

This is not a WAC attack that they will see in the Dome.

ADVERTISEMENT