ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Sengfelder has signed with Loewen Braunschweig, a club in the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL) – th

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
BOISE, Idaho – Boise State men’s basketball alum Chris Sengfelder will begin his professional career this coming season in the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL) – the top league in Germany – with Loewen Braunschweig, the club announced Friday.

“It’s been a childhood dream, and it’s come true for me now,” Sengfelder said on signing his contract to play professionally. “It’s something I’m very proud of. I watched a couple of their games and their coach (Frank Menz) used to be my U20 national team head coach, so I know him really well.”

Sengfelder represented Germany and played for Menz at the 2015 U20 European Championship and led the team in scoring (10.5 ppg) and rebounding (6.4 rpg).

The native of Leverkusen will return to his home country after making a huge impact on a Bronco team that finished 23-9 and took second place in the Mountain West in the 2017-18 season.

“First thing that comes to mind is being a part of a winning culture,” Sengfelder said on his time at Boise State. “The program is very organized and professional, while also being focused on individual development and helping guys get better. We played against some tough competition this past year, and I really enjoyed it.”

Sengfelder finished second on the team in both scoring (11.8 ppg) and rebounding (6.6 rpg) while also shooting 38.5 percent from behind the arc. The Mountain West honorable mention selection (media) started and played in all 32 games as a Bronco, completing a collegiate career that started at Fordham (2014-17) and saw Sengfelder play in all 125 possible games.

He tallied four double-doubles in the 2017-18 and also was named to the 2017 Puerto Rico Tip-Off at Myrtle Beach All-Tournament Team. The graduate transfer went for a career-high 31 points against San Jose State (Jan. 24) in going 11-of-15 from the field (5-of-6 from three).

Sengfelder was also a model student for the Blue and Orange, as he was a CoSIDA First-Team All-Academic District 7 Men’s Basketball selection thanks to a 3.93 GPA in the fall semester. He expects to have his master’s degree in kinesiology from Boise State fully completed by the end of the summer.

Loewen Braunschweig will begin its season in the BBL later this fall in late September.

--
Pete Clark
broncosports.com

ADVERTISEMENT