ADVERTISEMENT

College football top 125 countdown by USAToday

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
Just came across the fact that USAToday has been counting down the top 125 college football teams for next fall today as they featured Wyoming at # 90. So I looked at all of the teams who have been profiled already in this USAToday project and I counted FIVE of the MWC teams (including Wyoming) who have been featured from 118 thru 90. I'm unclear as to why they call it a countdown of the top 125 when they appear to have started at # 118.........but oh well. Click on the link below:

# 114 - U.N.L.V. (Colorado is ranked just below U.N.L.V. at # 115)

# 108 - New Mexico

# 107 - Colorado State

# 105 - Hawaii

# 90 - Wyoming (Washington State is ranked # 93 and California is ranked # 95)

BTW - these are pretty comprehensive run-downs on each of these teams. They seem to have done a very good job of documenting each of these teams IMO.

This post was edited on 6/14 12:14 PM by BroncoSaurus

Link

Those teams and their position in that countdown makes me sad..... wish they could get a little more air in their tires and get us some more SoS.

Well maybe you can quit feeling sad by realizing that the mighty PAC 12 has three of their 12 teams in this same area (# 118 to # 90). Or maybe it will help to realize that seven of the teams in the MWC are all ranked below these five low ranked MWC teams. Namely Boise State, San Diego State, Utah State, San Jose State, Nevada, Fresno State and Air Force. However I would think Air Force is very likely to be the next MWC in this countdown.

I was just VERY impressed with all of the details that this guy covered on all of these teams. It must have taken him a HUGE amount of time to put all of this information together on all of these teams. It's a VERY impressive job that he did here IMO.

I'm very interested to see if UTst and SJSU can maintain any momentum... And how will UNR come out with out the little general on the sidelines?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT