ADVERTISEMENT

Did Chris Petersen give up ...

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
... and pack it in the last couple years here at Boise? Or did he and his staff just miss the bus in recruiting trends by being so anti media and more importantly anti social media?

It's no secret the Harsin and crew have done better recruiting wise in the very short amount of time he's been here than Pete had done the last 4 years.

Harsin and all of his coaches work social media like masters and even since moving to Seattle Petersen has had to bite the bullet and he and his staff have reversed social media policies and even jumped aboard the 'Twitter train'.

I think it's the latter ... he just got left behind and now he's having to try and play catch-up.

He didn't give up... He never started... Seems to me he started reading his own press clippings... Thought the world would confirm to his will...
But nope, world doesn't work that way

Looking at CP's resume, he inherited a well oiled machine in his first year, then landed the winningest qb in cfb history (a qb he didn't want to offer). So looking at the 2007, 2012 & 2013 seasons he had a combined record of 29-9 and lost 2 out of 3 bowl games. I think after Kellen left CP started looking around, after all it only took the Washington AD one meeting that lasted 2 hours to land him. Simply put CP was a burnt out head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT