ADVERTISEMENT

From your admirer in the midwest...

Pigalow

Nov 8, 2012
(not so secret admirer, that is)FWIW, I've gotta' be honest: I'd like to see Hedrick stay under center. No offense to Southwick, but to me, it's an easy decision. Hedrick has been pleasantly effective as a passer(frankly, better than Southwick imho)& combined with his obviously superior running skills, it's a no brainer for me. I'm curious what the consensus is out there...any thoughts?

I have always preferred JS, wants the point of playing GH if he doesn't run... And I don't think GH is a better passer.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Well you know what they say about opinions, so neither 1 of us are

right...or wrong for that matter. Southwick is fine, but it's his accuracy, or occasional lack thereof that irks me. He has been more accurate this year though, I'll give him that. Plus, the point of Hedrick's running ability even if he doesn't run is the threat of it & how that affects defenses. I'm not sure what you mean by, "what's the point if he doesn't run".

Re: Well you know what they say about opinions, so neither 1 of us are

Grants greatest advantage is his ability to run... but since Nevada he is inexplicably not getting many if any running plays called for him. He has scrambled succesfully a few times but not many designed runs... hell we implement this terrible pistol offense and I dont think we ran a signle read option play saturday... WTF. Grant in my eyes is not nearly the passer JS is... so why are we not using him to maximal effect??

Re: Well you know what they say about opinions, so neither 1 of us are

doesn't matter who qb's for us, we are a rutterless ship sailing off into the abyss.

When your team lacks chemistry and leadership, you get what we have with this team. When you have players and coaches shouting at each other on the sidelines (SDSU game), there's a problem, when your TE's have caught 1 pass in 2 games, you have a problem, when your offensive coordinator refuses to attack the middle of the field with the passing game, there's a problem... you feeling me?

Some say we're a young team, which is true, but there are plenty of teams who are just as young (UCLA plays 18 freshman, including 3 on the offensive line). However, it's painfully obvious Coach Pete's vision of this particular team never materialized, and I wouldn't be surprised if we flipt the script and go back to the old playbook, at least I'm hoping.

Well, I call this year a mulligan... I am willing to accept the idea that the offense will continue to improve next year... But I think you nailed it about chemistry and leadership... There doesn't seem to be any
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT