ADVERTISEMENT

How do you guys feel about the move to the Big East?

ocfwannabe

Feb 1, 2008
Just saw this http://www.beyondusports.com/boise-state-to-big-east/

Was out in Boise back when the Canes played in the Bowl Game out there. Loved the game and the people. Knowing the Big East, seems like an odd fit though.
This post was edited on 10/9 6:32 PM by ocfwannabe

Boise State to Big East?

We all want better competition, but this seems like a strange way to get it. We would literally be looking at a 3000 mile road trip every other week - and we'd be the only ones doing it save AFA. Say goodbye to regional rivalries, longtime rivals, actual roadtrips (you know: in a car)...pretty much sell our soul and walk away from the mountain west(the region not the conference), for benefits that are hazy at best.

big east

How do I "feel" ????

I usually use my HANDS to "feel" things. Sometimes I use my feet.
3dgrin.gif

Boise would be a great addition to the Big East. Word is that the Big East wants to split itself into two 6 team divisons. The West Division would be Boise, UC, UoL, Houston, SMU, and Air Force. The East Division would be UConn, Rutgers, Navy, South FL, Central FL, and WVU. Villanova doesn't want Temple in the league. So, the only way they probably get the invite is if Boise says no, or either Houston or SMU isn't invited. If that is the case, WVU would move to the West Division and Temple would be in the East division as a football only member.

I know that travel is a concern for all fans. But, most of those schools are very accessible with the exception of WVU (fly into Pittsburgh and drive 75 miles to Morgantown). Plus, I think it helps having 3 other teams in the west with Boise.

To be honest...... As a fan I'll take any arraignment that brings real money and fun games... Could care less where....

It is a terrible idea IMO. We would be jumping onto a ship that everybody else is jumping off of. WVU and Lville will jump the first sniff they get from someone else even if they do increase the buyout to 10 million. UCONN and Rutgers have already said they want in the ACC.

Not to mention travel and where the rest of the sports teams would play as the MWC or WAC will not let Boise in as a non football member.

Originally posted by The Bookie:
It is a terrible idea IMO. We would be jumping onto a ship that everybody else is jumping off of. WVU and Lville will jump the first sniff they get from someone else even if they do increase the buyout to 10 million. UCONN and Rutgers have already said they want in the ACC.

Not to mention travel and where the rest of the sports teams would play as the MWC or WAC will not let Boise in as a non football member.

"WE"???? That's a bit odd coming from an apparent West Virginia fan.

How about those 10:00 am (MST)start times? Would be just like BSU & SJSU in 2004, but every week.

That's the best point you have made on why not to join the Big East.

But wouldn't Boise State be playing all of it's games in 'prime time"?

Seriously though Boise should address this in their negotiations making all their games in the Eastern time zones have later starting times to accommodate the Boise State fans in the Mountain time zone..

I hope Boise has some good lawyers

Continental Conference

Patriot Division (7): UCONN-Rutgers, USF-UCF, L'ville-Cincy, Navy

Pioneer Division (7): Boise-Nev, BYU-SDSU, Hou-SMU, AFA

if UT/TTU/OSU/OU leave for the PAC, KU and KSU join Pioneer and TCU and Baylor join Pioneer.
This post was edited on 11/8 8:52 PM by jrj84105

ADVERTISEMENT