ADVERTISEMENT

I Love Llamas

heelz2345

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but I think llamas are great. Just an incredibly majestic animal. I was lucky enough to have a pet llama for a while. I named him Fernando after the great Fernando Lamas, who inspired one of my all-time favorite Saturday Night Live skits. I would always say to Fernando, "You. Look. Marvelous." He didn't really get the joke, because he didn't have a great sense of humor, but I always had a good laugh over that. Also, due to the Spanish sounding name, I would often ask him "Como te llamas?" which, of course, means "What is your name?" but since he didn't speak Spanish, I don't think he minded. It's not like he thought I forgot his name over and over and over and over and over again, lol.

Anyhow, the two of us would often watch his favorite film, Napoleon Dynamite. He really liked Tina the Llama in that movie. I guess for him, it was like the llama Scarlett Johansson or Jodie Foster or something. Ironically, they feed Tina ham in that movie, but I gave Fernando nothing but bacon. Boy, he loved that bacon, but who doesn't, am I right? Goes great with a bowl of Froot Loops. Only wish he could have had some Crystal Pepsi to go with it.

If there was one thing Fernando hated though, it's camels. You couldn't even say the word "camel" around him. I never understood the long neck-two hump rivalry, but then again, they probably don't get Game of Thrones, lmao. Maybe it had to do with the body hair, or lack thereof for the camels. Who knows.

After a while though, we had to part ways. Fernando got sick, and we just didn't have the resources to take care of him. We had to sell him to a traveling petting zoo "Mike's Look and Touch." I still keep up with where they go. Last I heard, they were gonna visit Ann Arbor, Michigan this month, so if any of you guys live around there, I recommend going so you can meet Fernando for yourself. Tell him "Mr. Grumpus" misses him. He'll know what you mean.
Long post short, I really love llamas. What are some of your favorite animals?

Originally posted by heelz2345:
I don't know about you guys, but I think llamas are great. Just an incredibly majestic animal. I was lucky enough to have a pet llama for a while. I named him Fernando after the great Fernando Lamas, who inspired one of my all-time favorite Saturday Night Live skits. I would always say to Fernando, "You. Look. Marvelous." He didn't really get the joke, because he didn't have a great sense of humor, but I always had a good laugh over that. Also, due to the Spanish sounding name, I would often ask him "Como te llamas?" which, of course, means "What is your name?" but since he didn't speak Spanish, I don't think he minded. It's not like he thought I forgot his name over and over and over and over and over again, lol.

Anyhow, the two of us would often watch his favorite film, Napoleon Dynamite. He really liked Tina the Llama in that movie. I guess for him, it was like the llama Scarlett Johansson or Jodie Foster or something. Ironically, they feed Tina ham in that movie, but I gave Fernando nothing but bacon. Boy, he loved that bacon, but who doesn't, am I right? Goes great with a bowl of Froot Loops. Only wish he could have had some Crystal Pepsi to go with it.

If there was one thing Fernando hated though, it's camels. You couldn't even say the word "camel" around him. I never understood the long neck-two hump rivalry, but then again, they probably don't get Game of Thrones, lmao. Maybe it had to do with the body hair, or lack thereof for the camels. Who knows.

After a while though, we had to part ways. Fernando got sick, and we just didn't have the resources to take care of him. We had to sell him to a traveling petting zoo "Mike's Look and Touch." I still keep up with where they go. Last I heard, they were gonna visit Ann Arbor, Michigan this month, so if any of you guys live around there, I recommend going so you can meet Fernando for yourself. Tell him "Mr. Grumpus" misses him. He'll know what you mean.
Long post short, I really love llamas. What are some of your favorite animals?
Jodie Foster? What? I mean, I get Scarlett Johansson. But Jodie Foster?

What can I say? She's a handsome woman, and I don't mind her take-charge personality either.

ADVERTISEMENT