ADVERTISEMENT

John Jenkins

You got me
roll.gif

There's barely any fat on him, he's in great shape. There are some practice pictures posted of him w/o pads on. He's impressive looking and can run. You could probably find the pic of him on the Dawgvent.

The 2nd string NG is also 350.

I think this is shaping up to be a heckuva game. UGA is very motivated right now and just went through a very tough off season S&C program (newly implemented) and we didn't have any off-season arrests (LOL first time in a long time). There seems to be a common purpose to the team right now. I'm hopeful we will be the UGA of old this year and not that garbage that's been on the field for the past 2 seasons.

I post some Bulldog bait, and get a reply from Milkbone. Fitting I guess.

We'll see what Jenkins can do - he's just one of many question marks for both teams.

Originally posted by NorthEastCorner:
340 lbs of chewed bubble gum, or a force to be reckoned with?

This post was edited on 8/6 12:33 AM by NorthEastCorner

Jenkins improves our 3-4 defense tremendously and he is a stud. He might not beat out Geathers who's also 340 and has really come on this year.

It should be a great opening game in the Dome and those coming bring the ear wax, it will be very loud!

Noticed boise state starting center is 5'11 288 , it might be a long night for him going against a 6'6 350 pound and a 6'5 340 all night long rotating in and out, he better be in shape!

John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers are both in the 340 range

and will be rotated in at NG to always keep a fresh man-mountain in the game. With the middle jammed up, a few difference-making linebackers to look out for are Alec Ogletree, Jarvis Jones, and 6-4 269lb "Will" LB Cornelius Washington (will spend a lot of time in your backfield). "Controlled violence" is the term used to describe them by the coaches. The four defensive backs are all juniors with lots of experience. They average just over 6 feet tall and 210 pounds. Probably means nothing to you, but this group is playing in their second year under former Dallas Cowboys coach Todd Grantham and are a different group than they were last year. I get it that you have a lot of seniors and you've done well in the Mountain West. You even played VaTech well last year. VaTech is kind of like Boise in that every year, the pollsters insert them in the top 10. It doesn't take very long for them to be exposed though. You've never played against a defense like you're going to see in the Georgia Dome. I hope one of you will save my post and re-read it on September 4.
This post was edited on 8/17 5:23 PM by UGAly

Re: John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers are both in the 340 range

no disrespect to Dawg fans, but I'm looking at last years Georgia wins, and they are: Lousiana Lafayette, Idaho State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky & GA Tech. Why is this team even ranked in the top 25?

Just a guess but I think BSU will be going with a ton of play action out of the double TE set, coupled with multiple spread formations. I could see BSU with 150 on the ground against this Georgia team.

Byrd is a four year starter for a top 10 team. It would be a huge mistake for the uga coaches to write him off.

Byrd is a very good player no doubt. But he can't be expected

to go against Jenkins and Geathers one on one all night long. I see Boise mixing in the run with the short passing game. I think UGA will pressure the QB all night long. It will be the Boise WRs against the UGA DBs and the Boise DL agaist the UGA run game.

I am pretty interested to see how our OL does hold up... but I think we will all be entertained fairly well

Originally posted by CGBRONCO:
I am pretty interested to see how our OL does hold up... but I think we will all be entertained fairly well

... no doubt, this will be a great game and it will be the loudest place Boise has ever played in, the Georgia Dome. Best of luck to the Boise fans who are very classy bunch.

Totally agree about the fan base. Very classy bunch. It is kind of refreshing relative to other boards

Go dawgs

The ponies got lucky last year and squeaked out a last minute win over a

bad VT team.

DO NOT confuse UGA with VT........We're SEC.

Kelly is going to feel the pain. CP better find some more trick plays.

See all 10k (maybe) of you on Sept 3rd

Go Dawgs.

Re: John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers are both in the 340 range

If you were playing last years team, we would be worried....you're not.
This post was edited on 8/24 12:46 PM by pcbeachdawg

Originally posted by maugwa:

bad VT team.

Go Dawgs.

Don't worry, the Broncos aren't confusing Virginia Tech who finished winning the ACC and ranked 16th nationally while the puppies were no where to be found. You might be the SEC but you can only live on the other teams coat tails so long, it doesn't rub off!

As far as getting lucky in a last minute win then you didn't watch the last two minutes or listen to Herbstreet warn people about Kellen in the two-minute drill.

I guess you were trying to type Kellen since there isn't a Kelly on the team but all I can say is take your best shot. He's been sacked less in three years than Murray was just last year.

As far as trick plays, they aren't tricks, they're just executed to perfection by a very good offensive team.

I suggest you bring a lunch to the Georgia Dome cause it's going to be a long day for the almighty puppies!
chairshot.gif

This post was edited on 8/27 5:08 PM by old_bronco

Originally posted by old_bronco:

Originally posted by maugwa:

bad VT team.

Go Dawgs.

Don't worry, the Broncos aren't confusing Virginia Tech who finished winning the ACC and ranked 16th nationally while the puppies were no where to be found. You might be the SEC but you can only live on the other teams coat tails so long, it doesn't rub off!

As far as getting lucky in a last minute win then you didn't watch the last two minutes or listen to Herbstreet warn people about Kellen in the two-minute drill.

I guess you were trying to type Kellen since there isn't a Kelly on the team but all I can say is take your best shot. He's been sacked less in three years than Murray was just last year.

As far as trick plays, they are tricks, they're just executed to perfection by a very good offensive team.

I suggest you bring a lunch to the Georgia Dome cause it's going to be a long day for the almighty puppies!
chairshot.gif

yes Moore has been sacked less than Murray, BUT do you REALLY think that would be true if Boise played UGA's schedule instead of playing just 1 REAL opponent per season? really? you cant honestly compare that stat guy...

I remember Hawaii using the same argument before we played them. Check out Colt Brennans stats that game compared to the rest of the season. Its hard to pass when from your back in the turf.

And why do yall keep saying pack a lunch for a long day? It is a NIGHT game. So YOU PACK YOUR SUPPA FOOL! See you @ The DOME SMURF
uzi.gif

This post was edited on 8/25 3:41 PM by BigDog5

As good as Jonathan Jenkins is, he will not start.

Kwame Geathers won the best defensive player in the spring and will start at NG. Don't worry though, he and Jenkins will rotate to keep a fresh 340 - 350 pound NG in the game.

Fatties are only good for a few plays in a row, especially if they're constantly off-balance due to the fact that they've already lost the battle of pad-level.

Originally posted by NorthEastCorner:
Fatties are only good for a few plays in a row, especially if they're constantly off-balance due to the fact that they've already lost the battle of pad-level.

Yeah but when you're big bad SEC all the silly stuff like pad level, footwork and leverage don't mean nuthin cause you're big and bad and SEC.
laugh.gif

Pretty sure Byrd won't have any trouble getting under their pads.

With all due respect brethren,I fear this guy is NFL caliber, not just some cornfed NG who does nothing but fill space. I agree if you take a big guy who relies soley on his size, a guy like Byrd will roll him all over the field. That happens every Friday night in GA when some undersized well coached private school C frustrates a huge inner city school NG. I doubt we'll see Mr. Byrd "getting under pads" and "leveraging" anyone at the next level. Geathers and Jenkins both will be drafted. Rather,I suspect Byrd will soil that new uniform before the first snap.

"I doubt we'll see Mr. Byrd "getting under pads" and "leveraging" anyone at the next level."

Who the hell cares? This isn't a battle of professional potential, its a college game on Saturday. 49 starts for Byrd...how many do your fatties have?

Well, maybe G/J are fatties, I mean you say so, therefore it must be true. The real question is whether either will command a double team. I suspect you should hope and pray that Super Snapper with all those WAC starts can handle both alone. His best chance is to use all that experience to hold and get away with it because the ref's feel sorry for him. But I guess that's why we tee it up.
The bigger game is the Griz playing a very weak SEC team. There's your SEC stumble. I mean if you want to get into fantasy.

I wouldn't poke too much fun at him as your center...

isn't big enough to block Chaz Bono. He is gonna need guard help, a Glock 9 and perhaps divine intervention to keep from going back to Boysee in a box.

There isn't a OL guy in football who doesn't hold and get away with it. Its an accepted part of the game, and the best of the best excel at it.

So anyway, we'll see about the double teaming. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't. Maybe they're worn out by halftime. Maybe Byrd is under pads and stands them up - afterall he goes against some pretty good DTs every day who are only 6'l" or so - believe it or not that can be an advantage. And if he can't take em one on one, maybe that's a big deal and maybe it isn't. A three man front free's up - at least temporarily - a guard to help out, and there's no rule that says you have to run it up the gut every play to win the game. Now, if our WRs can't get open for Kellen? That's probably the best determinant of whether or not we have trouble running the ball and BSU fans are rightfully skeptical of our WRs who havn't played much. Which brings up another point - why so confident about a couple guys who have hardly seen the field? Is it the stars? It is, isn't it? At least BSU fans wait and thump their chest until they've actually seen the guys play. And if they can play, I'll be the first to acknowledge it cause there is nothing I love more than good defense.

The UGA defense will surprise you. (Because you don't believe

what we're telling you here) The top JC defensive lineman in the country last year (Jonathan Jenkins) will not even start. 340+ NG Kwame Geathers (Defensive player of the spring) will start and rotate with Jenkins to keep a fresh man-mountain in the game to plug up the middle and most likely, require a double team. The two defenive ends (Abry Jones and Deangelo Tyson) average 6'3" and 308 lbs. Both were both 4 star recruits and both are experienced. Boise will not get yardage up the middle. The four linebackers are made up of 5 star Jarvis Jones, #1 HS safety in the country Alec Ogletree - now a 240 pound heat-seeking-missle middle linebacker, juniors Cornelius Washington and Christian Robinson are former 4 star recruits. The four LB's average 6'3" 245 lbs. Boise will not reach the corner. Kellen Moore will constantly be running for his life and the passing game will not be effective because of this and because = The 4 defensive backs consist of three 4 star and one 5 star players who average 199 pounds and 6 feet tall. They are all experienced. Usually, there are one or two players that you are unsure about. Every single player on this defense is formidible. Hold me to this.
This post was edited on 8/31 8:29 PM by UGAly

NECorner It isn’t the stars its the Kool-Aid. We're all drinking it, only it’s more sophisticated these days. Prime/perform/recover. Naturally, we're high on the prime right now. But there are some good reasons for that for which Boise can't prepare. Last years Georgia team had some bad apples or should I say Potatoes in the sack. The team lost some critical games early because of bad luck. If you have had a chance to see Ealey's fumble on the goal line without which we likely beat the eventual SEC east champ, you will note that it was no mistake. Ealey was unconscious. Just bad luck and a loss. Attitude and negativity then prevailed. This year CMR, perhaps under pressure, perhaps out of a sense that players were taking advantage of him being a players coach, culled the bad apples. A letterman friend of mine close to the scene observed that our new strength coach tore everyone, 4 stars five stars, starters, scrubs, it didn't matter, down to maggots and then built them up again. This team has a new swagger born of that confidence and common purpose military style. That combined with scads of stars definitely has us primed. But you’re right. The most well equipped army could fold in the face of an inferior, but more experienced adversary. If you have an advantage, it might be poise. But I don't think this Georgia team will give up and I don't think they will drop their weapons and run. The worst case scenario might be to take an early lead, lose their poise, and have Boise take over before we can recover. The great thing about this game is that both fan bases are going to be drinking some heavy Recover, some are just going to have to spike it a little more. No more talk. It’s time to play.
This post was edited on 8/31 10:40 PM by bigskydawg

ADVERTISEMENT