ADVERTISEMENT

2007 - Best recruiting class ever for Boise State

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
Just my opinion........but I don't think I'm wrong on this. Just take a look at some of the guys who were a part of the 2007 football recruiting class for Boise State:

OFFENSE
QB - Kellen Moore - Detroit Lions of the N.F.L.
RB - Doug Martin - Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the N.F.L.
RB - D. J. Harper- 6th year Senior this year
RB - Matt Kaiserman - Played in 20 games at Boise State - forced to quit due to injury
WR - Austin Pettis - St. Louis Rams of the N.F.L.
WR - Titus Young - Detriot Lions of the N.F.L.
FB - Dan Paul - Senior this year at BSU
OL - Thomas Byrd - Started 42 straight games at Boise State and 44 games overall
OL - Cory Yriarte - 10 career starts at Boise State
OL - Garrett Pendergast - 6 career starts - played in 17 games at Boise State

DEFENSE
DE - Shea McClellin - Chicago Bears of the N.F.L.
DT - Billy Winn - Cleveland Browns of the N.L.F.
DT - Chase Baker - Minnesota Vikings of the N.F.L.
DE - Jarrell Root - Miami Dolphins of the N.F.L.
CB - Brandyn Thompson - Drafted by the Washington Redskins of the N.F.L. in the 7th round (2011) - Waived in August of 2012
LB - Aaron Tevis - Signed by New Orleans Saints as a Free Agent in April 2012 - Released in August 2012
DE - Charles Hayes - Played 32 games and started 10 games at Boise State
LB - Hunter White - Played in 52 games at Boise State - Six starts

SPECIAL TEAMS

P - Brad Elkin -91 career punts for Boise State

This post was edited on 12/19 10:00 AM by BroncoSaurus

This post was edited on 12/19 11:25 AM by BroncoSaurus

then you have the 2 following classes of 08 & 09 where we had 12 players combined leave the school in their first 2 years.

I have no clue where you came up with this figure of 12 but I only count a total of six players who were recruited in 2008 and 2009 who left the team in the first two years. Some of whom never made it to their first fall camp here. But that sort of thing happens virtually every year. And there's certainly nothing out of the ordinary about six recruited players leaving ANY football program in their first two years over a two year period.

DEPARTURES FROM THE 2008 RECRUITING CLASS FOR BOISE STATE
RB - Jack Sula - Sula never even made it to Boise State. He never enrolled at Boise State due to personal family issues as I recall. Then he signed with Hawaii in Nov. 2008 - because they told him they wanted him as a running back (and BSU recruited him as a LB) but it apparently didn't work out there in Hawaii for him either as he is not listed on Hawaii's 2009 or 2010 team roster.

WR - Van Drumgoole - Also never made it to Boise State. Ended up going the J.C. route I believe (Bakersfield J.C.). He was originally supposed to greyshirt at Boise State and then enroll at BSU in Jan. of 2009 but ended up at Bakersfield J.C. instead. And if I recall correctly he had problems at Bakersfield.

OT - Tom Swanson - At Boise State for only one year (2008). Can't recall what happened to him after that. I think he just lost the desire to play football in college (maybe?). Or injuries maybe?

DEPARTURES FROM THE 2009 RECRUITING CLASS FOR BOISE STATE
OL - Thomas Bryant - Local area kid. Can't recall what happened to him.

TE - Trevor Peterson - Never made it to Boise State - Went on LDS mission and then signed with Yale after that as I recall.

LB - John Michael Davis - Here for only one year. Can't recall what became of him. Injuries?

There was also another LB who didn't pan out (Allen Mooney) but he was here for two years. Listed on both the 2009 and the 2010 team rosters. There was also QB Mikey Tamburro who left Boise State after two years to transfer to Georgia - but he too was here for two years (on the 2009 and 2010 team rosters for BSU). But even if you include both of those two that still only brings the total up to eight..........not twelve.
This post was edited on 12/19 12:22 PM by BroncoSaurus

JMD
Malcolm Johnson
Sula
Lambert
Nick Alexander
Tamburo
Mooney
Peterson

there's an o-lineman that left but can't remember his name.

ADVERTISEMENT