ADVERTISEMENT

Boise and the MWC

doneagain

Mar 12, 2004
It seems to me the MWC is a better choice for Boise. With the BCS going away and the play offs starting, it is obvious it will only be a matter of time until they expand the playoffs to 8 teams. If you are in the top 8, you make the playoffs.

The travel will be crazy for Boise in the Big East.

I think if I were Boise, I would lobby the MWC to grow to one of the 16 teams conferences and negotiate with NBC Sports for a better TV deal as they are looking for college football content.

The MWC should move back into Texas. If Boise and San Diego State end up staying in the MWC, that would give the conference back its marquee program in Boise, and it would have 3 schools in recruit rich California. Moving back into Texas would also add several large TV markets and tons of recruits like California. To make the biggest impact, I think 3 teams in Texas should be the minimum as well, again like California. All those markets would make the MWC more attractive to NBC and would help boost your TV contract.

Now I realize the WAC tried the 16 team line up years ago, and it failed. However, that was essentially a different era in college football. Circumstances and conference realignment have changed the game. Access to larger TV contracts have changed the way schools and conferences think about partnerships as well.

To me, the no-brainer line up for a 16-team MWC would be:

MWC
1) Fresno State
2) Air Force
3) Nevada
4) Colorado State
5) Wyoming
6) UNLV
7) New Mexico
8) Hawaii
9) + Utah State
10) + San Jose State
11) ++ Boise State
12) ++ San Diego State
13) +++ Houston
14) +++ UTEP
15) +++ SMU
16) +++ Tulsa

+ = set to join in 2013
++ = could return to the MWC
+++ = should be invited to join the MWC.

Boise State, Utah State, San Jose State and Tulsa all won at least 10 games this year. Fresno could join that group. San Diego State came within a game of winning 10 this year.

Houston won 13 a year ago, and have the ability to do so again in the future.

Those are some solid programs to build a future around.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Just wanted to bounce them off you guys.

Bronc's, the WYO pages & posts sure are dissing you guys. They do to Colorado Buff fans also. Since they beat Colo. n basketball they think they r the s$&@. The only undefeated Bball team n nation that is not ranked. Check their schedule TWO DII teams and a bunch of small Cali teams. Even TWO sets of home n home series' this year without of conference teams. I have always liked Bo's. st. Due to the fact that you guys set the presidance of a smaller school and program that broke into the BCS and WON. Think the Pokies r jealous. But to slam you guys is totally un-called for when represent the MWC now. I no u guys will handle them n football, hoping u blast them twice n Bball this season. U guys should just check their posts, they r psychos. Good luck this year.

The conference madness is just exhausting and silly....

If I was a Wyo guy I guess I'd be pissed too.... They are adrift and with power
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not much power, decent Bball team this year but their ticked that you guys r n MWC, knowing you guys will pretty much rule football as long as your n the MWC. Just sad they slam the school that opened the door for those like N. ILLINOIS

ADVERTISEMENT