ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State vs. Florida State (2019 & 2020)

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
For the second time in the last week or so Boise State has announced scheduling a Home & Home series with an A.C.C. team. Last week it was the University of Virginia and this week it's Florida State. Too bad the games against Florida State don't start until six years from now in 2019 - AT Florida State. Also, I seriously doubt Florida State will ever show up in Boise for the 2020 game. They will find a way out of it I'm sure. But it's nice nonetheless.

P.S. Note to Boise State's Athletic Director, Mark Coyle, you still don't have a full schedule for the 2014 season. I only count TWO non-conference games for the 2014 season (Mississippi and B.Y.U.) so you still need to find two more non-conference games for the 2014 football season by my count. Utah State is currently listed as a non-conference game for the 2014 season but they are joining the MWC this fall (2013). So that will not be a non-conference game. Also that's currently listed as an AWAY game for Boise State for the 2014 season yet Boise State is scheduled to play this year AT Utah State. There's no way Boise State will be playing AT Utah State (as a conference game) for two years in a row. So, instead of scheduling games for SIX YEARS from now maybe you should spend some time scheduling a couple of games for the 2014 season.

Not sure why you don't expect FSU to show up in Boise for the 2020 game.

Saurus!!! You grouchy ole curmudgeon!! I bet FSU follows through. FSU is actually willing to leave the state of Florida to play thier OOC games... unlike thier enemy the Gators who never venture beyond the comfy comfines of the sunshine state!

Thanks for willing to schedule with us FSU! that should be a fun and interesting match-up!!

I even venture out to bet that Michigan State will see this and follow suit as well.. Honor their home game as well!!

Florida State will be a no show, book it!

Do they even have a football team anymore? It was kinda of cool when they ran that donkey on the field and had Tonto stab the field with a spear, hell I even enjoyed watching their fans do that Karate Kid chop.

Originally posted by Ramrod19:

Florida State will be a no show, book it!

Do they even have a football team anymore? It was kinda of cool when they ran that donkey on the field and had Tonto stab the field with a spear, hell I even enjoyed watching their fans do that Karate Kid chop.
Solid troll, I give it a 5

I'm a big fan of wicked tuna....... I laid the bait for the FSU crowd to see how long it'd take for a bite, to my surprise it was earlier than I thought. We usually get trolls on this board when 2 things happen (1) end of the season "Chris Petersen is gonna be our head coach" types & (2) when we announce any future ooc games.... you fall under #2.

don't take me too seriously, I'm just an armchair qb, beer drinking fat ass, being a smartass.

Good luck to your team when they play BSU, you're gonna need it. :)

Can you imagine seeing FSU run out onto the field at Boise State? I can't.

But, I'm of the same opinion as some here. I don't think we will ever see it happen. I think they'll buy out the contract.

What I can imagine is Boise State only having 10 regular season games for the 2014 football season unless they get off of their asses and find two more teams to play (one home and one away). The 2014 football season is only 17 months away at this point. Waiting THIS long to find opponents to fill out the schedule for 2014 is more than a little distressing.

Much as I hate to even consider it I think the home non-conference game could easily be filled with the Van-Holes from up North (they need games for 2014 too). The away game also shouldn't be that difficult to get and they could try to tie that into a home and home arrangement (the latter for 2015 hopefully) or just make it a one and done deal.

I just took a look at the current 2014 football non-conference games for all of the PAC 12 teams. Here's what I found - below. The PAC 12 teams who appear to have openings for another (or two) non-conference games in 2014 are listed in Bold print:

PAC 12 Teams non-conference games for 2014
ARIZONA - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - U.N.L.V.
9-06-2014 - AT U.T. San Antonio
9-13-2014 - Nevada

ARIZONA STATE - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
9-06-2014 - Weber State
9-13-2014 - AT New Mexico
10-25-2014 - Notre Dame

CALIFORNIA - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - AT Northwestern
_______________________???

COLORADO - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - Colorado State
9-6-2014 - AT Massachussetts
9-20-2014 - Hawaii

OREGON - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
9-06-2014 - Wyoming
9-13 -2014 - Michigan State
NOTE - Oregon is likely looking for a road game as they already have two non-conference home games scheduled for 2014.

OREGON STATE - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games - However since they play AT Hawaii they COULD schedule a 13th regular season game IF they wish to do so.
8-30-2014 - Portland State
9-06-2014 - AT Hawaii
9-20-2014 - San Diego State
NOTE - Boise State and Oregon State both have openings for both the 2014 and the 2015 season. However Boise State is already scheduled to play AT Oregon State in 2016. And there does not appear to be a "return" game scheduled for Boise State for anytime in the future (where Oregon State comes to Boise State). Gotta wonder why Boise State agreed to a one and done with Oregon State here.

STANFORD
- Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
9-13-2014 - Army
10-04-2014 - AT Notre Dame
NOTE - Boise State and Stanford both have openings for both the 2014 and the 2015 season.

U.C.L.A. - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - AT Virginia
9-06-2014 - Memphis
9-13-2014 - Texas

U.S.C. - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - Fresno State
9-13-2014 - AT Boston College
11-29-2014 - Notre Dame

UTAH - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-28-2014 - Idaho State
9-6-2014 - Fresno State
9-20-2014 - AT Michigan

WASHINGTON - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games - However since they play AT Hawaii they can and DID schedule a 13th regular season game.
8-30-2014 - AT Hawaii
9-6-2014 - Eastern Washington
9-13-2014 - Illinois
9-20-2014 - Georgia State

WASHINGTON STATE - Nine Conference games = 3 non-conference games
8-30-2014 - Wisconsin
9-6-2014 - AT Nevada
NOTE - Washington State is already scheduled to play against Boise State in 2016 & 2017 with 2016 game in Pullman. WSU, like Boise State has an opening in the 2015 schedule as well. But unless WSU would agree to play at home in 2014 and then AT Boise State in 2015 this seems an unlikely match.
=========================
=========================

BOISE STATE for 2014 - Eight Conference games = 4 non-conference games
8-28-2014 - vs. Mississippi AT the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA.
10-25-2014 - B.Y.U.

P.S. Boise State not only needs to schedule two more football games for 2014 but they also need two more games for 2015 as well. Currently the only 2 non-conference games for Boise State in 2015 are AT B.Y.U. on Sep. 12, 2015 and home vs. Washington on Sep. 19, 2015.

cfb is regional, so we should schedule from the rocky mountains west..... anything else is a waste of time and money.

I'd love to play the Vandals and kick their teeth in!!

I like to mix it up and play new teams but I think we have to also remember who we are... And that's a university. Not an structure to field a FB team. The vandals are a regional school who live just up the road. Let's have a home game, let them buy tickets and beat them savagely!!

We can't just live chasing the dragon
Posted from Rivals Mobile

They should try to schedule series with Cal and Stanford. I don't think they have ever played either of those, they should focus their OOC scheduling efforts on Pac-12 and B1G schools. Hopefully get USC and UCLA on the schedule before too much longer as well.

HGN,

Coyle is trying to schedule PAC12 schools. It makes a lot of sense to target them.. But teams just don't want to come to the Blue and with good reason. FSU took a shot at it because with a weak ACC they'll need the OOC strength on their schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT