ADVERTISEMENT

Excitement for the Boise State football program, Scheduling Wins.

ASerre

Rivals Staff Member
Staff
Jan 29, 2013
Boise Idaho
Seems like Boise State's Athletic Director Mark Coyle has been a busy little AD as of late. Questions have been circulating throughout the social media world about the future of Boise State's scheduling and what it might entail, with less than a whim of optimism. Here is poor ole Boise State, stuck in a less than favorable conference, The Mountain West. Scheduling the likes of BYU and UT-Martin, with an occasional lower end Pac12 game to balance out or mildly boost our strength of schedule.
But in the last week things have really changed for the Bronco's football scheduling, all of a sudden showing promise to what was a once dismal future. I mean, really, who knew that in less than 7 days Boise State would be announcing future home and homes with 2 ACC teams in Virginia, and now Florida State.So, where does this all fall in the grand scheme of things. Who knows, but here are a couple of things to think about while all this exciting news is happening for the Boise State football program.

With Virginia and Florida State stepping up to the plate, is it possible that other teams will start to take notice and schedule or want to play Boise State?
Teams like Oklahoma State, Stanford, Kansas State??

Will the new postseason format selection committee's take a look at?
Comfortability in scheduling for all schools, with some emphasis on scheduling better teams. It will get you farther if you want to play for a National Championship.

Michigan State will play on The Blue on 2022, you would think scheduling games like this would seal the deal, with appeal and MSU will honor their home game on The Blue.

Stadium expansion? Even though these games are distant in the future, will season ticket holders renew, not based on current conference schedule's but the fact that we will need the Stadium capacity to fill the seats with FSU and MSU fans?

Think about it?, Who will be Boise State's next home and home opponent? Could it be a contender from the Big12? Pac12?

So there you have it Bronco Nation. Lots to ponder, and many questions to answer?
Tell us your thought's? Questions? Or rants.

This post was edited on 3/4 11:11 PM by ASerre

Those of you who think FSU won't be there in 2020 to play that game just haven't gotten used to the idea that a big name team would actually want to come play on the Blue Turf.

Times are changing. With the new playoff system in 2014 strength of schedule is going to be a huge component. Power conference teams are going to have to step up to the plate and schedule harder and that is only going to help the really good mid major teams like Boise State be able to schedule more home and homes against the big name Power conference teams. Teams aren't going to be able to just avoid those things anymore.

I am very excited about scheduling Boise State. The Blue Turf is one of the toughest road environments in College Football so it will be a real challenge and I have the utmost respect for how good Boise State's program is now. Hope you guys enjoy the trip to Tallahassee in 2019.

How many of you guys plan to make the trip to Tallahassee? We'll try to give you our southern hospitality.

Thanks for your respectful post! Usually fans from other teams aren't the nicest! Lol.

Time will tell with the 2019 match up, we're all hoping it does come through!

I'll be there in Tallahassee as I'm a Boise fan living in the sunshine state (that is awfully cold this Tuesday!)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT