ADVERTISEMENT

Gentleman are you hearing anything out your way

So far there's no word about Coach Pete going to Penn State or anywhere else. He already took himself out of the running for the UCLA job, and since BSU is moving to the Big East we will have a better chance of getting into a BCS Bowl and possibly playing for a National Championship. Besides, Coach Pete has already said that he doesn't like moving his family around and Boise is a great area to live in.

Now having said that I don't think that Coach Pete would fit into some of the parameters that PSU is looking for. I found another article elsewhere, "15 questions about the PSU job, 45 days after Joe Paterno was fired", and under question 7 - What's taking so long? is the following answer...

" Joyner and his team are searching for a coach with integrity and a clean record, who has experience coaching at the college level. In addition, he must be able to come close to matching Penn State’s most important numbers: an 87 percent graduation rate for both white players and African-American players; $53 million annual profit; and a .761 winning percentage (67-21)."

I don't think that Coach Pete pulls in 53 large in annual profit to that would eliminate him.

Then there is questions 10 and 11...

"10. Who has Penn State interviewed ? or least discussed the job with?

This much is known: Three coaches on the current staff: interim head coach Tom Bradley, quarterbacks coach Jay Paterno and defensive line coach Larry Johnson.

Penn State has also discussed the position with Baylor associate head coach Brian Norwood, a former Penn State assistant coach; Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini, an Ohio native; and Green Bay Packers quarterback coach Tom Clements from Pennsylvania native, who as a quarterback led Notre Dame to a national championship in 1973.

11. So who else is on the list?

Florida International head coach Mario Cristobal, a runner-up for the Pitt job that went to Paul Chryst, is believed to be a candidate. His squad lost 20-10 to Marshall in the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl on Tuesday. He has 19 of 22 starters back in 2012. A source has said that the committee would like to talk with Mike Munchak, a former Penn State offensive and Hall of Fame player for the Tennessee.

The committee is no doubt looking at candidates who were out of coaching (ala Bob Davie, New Mexico; Urban Meyer, Ohio State; and Terry Bowden, Akron). Talented coordinators similar to Chryst ? who had a very successful seven-year run guiding the Wisconsin offense ? may also be in the mix."

So I think the Bronco Nation can rest easy. I seriously doubt that Coach Pete is going to replace JoePa.

Using the profit logic doesn't work in this case....

only 3 schools make over $50 mill so that can't really be a qualification for the job. Heck Alabama doesn't.

Re: Using the profit logic doesn't work in this case....

Zardoz is one of my top 5 favorite movies, seeing you screen name made me smile!!

Re: Using the profit logic doesn't work in this case....

I think it is more jitters and idle chatter. Word was that PSU people were in Boise this week.... But pretty sure Coach Pete was kicking ASU booty in LV this week.... Just sayin
This post was edited on 12/23 9:45 PM by CGBRONCO

ADVERTISEMENT