ADVERTISEMENT

Is tomorrow August 31st?

MikeSinger

Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Seriously fellas, August 31st can't come soon enough... Offseason sucks.

Who do y'all think is going to break out that people aren't expecting?
Personally, I'm looking for a huge season from Blake Renaud and Holden Huff.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It will also be cool to see some of the offensive line to defensive line moves as well. Looking for a breakout season From Jam Master Jay Ajayi and really looking forward to seeing what the receiving corp's Troy Ware has to offer...

Between now and next fall I'd advise checking out some of the other sports at Boise State. Such as the softball team, which opened their new park yesterday afternoon at the site of my old Junior H.S. (East JR High - which no longer exists now). They have two more games today - at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. and two more tomorrow (Sunday) also at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

Or the Boise State track & field team which opens their outdoor season next weekend I believe.

Eh..... Don't know if I'll be doing that!

But ASerre - I'm hoping Ware develops nicely! I'm so pumped for the receiving cores development.. Hint hint ;)

I think everyone is already expecting great things from Huff and Renuad...
so for those that are unexpected... Deonte Florence, Beau Martin and Broyles...

Florence will solidify one of the CB positions, Martin will provide a strong run stopping option on the end and Broyles will anchor the Oline.

I would love to hit some softball games... but still live in ugly Alaska!

True. True. Well I'd hit up some other Boise state sports but I don't live in Idaho either... If you live in Alaska, I won't say where I live. Lol

check out the basketball team, we actually have a coach now who gets off the bench and coaches, and uses timeouts.

However the basketball team's season will be over this week - either tomorrow night (Wed) or on Friday.

Whereas the Boise State track & field team's Outdoor season doesn't even start until this weekend. And the Boise State softball team's season is a little bit over half way through at this point.

I don't live in Idaho. There was one game on tv I could watch of Boise state basketball. Not sure how many people like following a team based off of box scores.. Especially less popular sports like track and field and softball..
But that's just me!

Ok, that's twice now (in this same thread no less) that you have mentioned you don't live in Idaho. That makes me wonder what led to you being a Boise State "fan" if that's the case.

And where DO you live? We know CG currently lives in Alaska (and will be back in CA soon I believe).

How about your buddy ASerre? You mentioned once that you two are friends. So I assume that he ALSO does not live here in the paradise that is Idaho. One has to wonder why you two are both Boise State fans if you live out of State. Just curious.

As to "following" the other Boise State sports I follow football of course. But also "follow" Boise State wrestling, Boise State track and field and Boise State softball. I do NOT "follow" Boise State basketball but that's simply because I have never been a fan of basketball (since H.S.).

However I do not "follow" the "less popular" sports by reading the "box score". I "follow" them by reading the stories on them one can find on BroncoSports.com and elsewhere on the internet. I try to get to the point where I know which athletes do what for each team, etc. I also enjoy listening to the softball games online (while I'm working away on the computer) when they are available for that.

I do occasionally attend the softball games here in Boise and the track meets here too on occasion. But by and large I do not attend those games/meets in person. Heck, hardly anyone ever goes to the home track meets. When they held them in Bronco Stadium it was cavernous in there - with maybe a dozen (or at most two dozen) people in Bronco Stadium. But it's fun and interesting to watch these talented young athletes competing against other athletes from other schools. Watching the shot put athletes, and the high jumpers, the pole vaulters, the javelin throwers, etc., etc., etc. I enjoy it. And I enjoy it even more because they are BOISE STATE athletes.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Man... You alright? Get this guy a beer or something..

ASerre in fact lives in Idaho... I live in florida, been a fan for 3 years. Don't really understand why you're all worked up lol

Hey.......Saurus!!!
Instead of bullying threads, why don't you stick to what people are talking about, instead of deviating from it and taking it south. You don't have to live in Idaho to be a Boise State fan!! And you sure as heck don't have to live in Idaho to post on these boards! I live in Boise, attended Boise State and love my school. If you want to post about things and be grumpy and down on the basketball team, go start a blog called the BroncoSaurus rant where you can't talk about what you want!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew. Or ASerre!

This post was edited on 3/19 4:01 PM by ASerre

Hey guys, you just don't know 'saurus yet. He was was just messing around. I think you guys missed the little smiley guy at the end of his post.

And I can vouch that he has NEVER liked basketball. he will just have to learn to get use to their new found popularity since coach Rice has this program headed in the right direction
3dgrin.r191677.gif

"Saurus, now that they have the new Donna Larsen park finished they will have a great place to watch track meets as well as softball games. Now all they need to do is schedule some.

It seems that I am not the one who is "grumpy" and "needs a beer". All I did was ask where they were from and state a few FACTS - including the FACT that I am not a fan of basketball, etc.

Who knew that's all it would take for them to get their panties in a bunch?
smokin.r191677.gif

P.S. Note to bsyou..........I was not "messing" with them. I was just being straight-forward with them and openly asked where they were from - since Mr. Singer mentioned (twice) that he is not a resident of Idaho. And I also went on and tried to explain why I enjoy "following" the "less popular" sports at Boise State. The reason I put a
3dgrin.r191677.gif
on it was to TRY to assure them that it was NOT some sort of attack on them. Plus I did state to them that I was "just curious" about where they were from - since Mr. Singer kept bringing the matter up here. But apparently they are extremely sensitive and defensive about such things.

This post was edited on 3/20 6:09 AM by BroncoSaurus

sigh... No harm no foul. Heck, we're all BSU fans here so that's all that matters...

As long as we didn't talk about each othas mommas then it's all good
wink.r191677.gif

Lololololol, yup it's the offseason!!!!!'

Saurus you ole curmudgeon!!! You see the Tennis team won the Blue and Grey tournament???

ADVERTISEMENT