ADVERTISEMENT

My Vegas Bowl Trip

Ramrod19

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
what a great experience, hung out with some of the players and BSU fans after the game, everyone was in a festive mood.

Hotel - $69.00
Ticket to game - $40.00
Gas - 75.00
Blown alternator - $300

Without the alternator issue i hour outside of vegas, it was an awesome trip, will repeat.

I'm very jealous!!!! But hopefully I'll be back in Sacramento for the next four years!!!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

July-aug is when I should be getting back tithe real world! I pray we do t go back to week night games so I can drive up!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The Vegas Bowl has been good to Boise State. Three wins over PAC 12 teams. ... PAC 12 teams that they compete against for recruits.

And what fans don't like going to Vegas for a little get away in December.

Hard Rock has 2 stripper poles in the card section, this is a brilliant idea.
happy.r191677.gif

If Boise State does, in FACT, go to the Big East, then they WON'T be going to Vegas anymore. For 2013 the Big East still has a BCS Bowl game tie-in (after that............gone). This year's it's Louisville that gets to go to the Sugar Bowl game

After that it's

1. - The Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, FL. - Rutgers goes there this year
2. - The Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. (I've never even heard of this bowl game myself) - Cincinnati is there this year.
3. - The New Era Pinstripe bowl in New York City (Ditto - never heard of it myself) - Syracuse goes there this year.
4. - The BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, AL. (Ditto - never heard of it) - Pittsburgh goes there this year.
5. - The Beef O'Brady Bowl in St. Petersburg, FL. .........at least I've heard of this one - No Big East team there this year
6. - The Auto Zone Liberty Bowl in Mempis, TN. (Maybe - the last three Bowls here get TWO Big East teams) - No Big East team there this year.

The reason that the last two Bowls did not have any Big East Conference teams is because the Big East had only five bowl eligible teams this year. Not too surprising seeing as the Big East had only 8 teams in the Conference this season. Connecticut finished the season 5-7 and had a chance to go to a bowl game - but didn't.

After the 2013 season the Big East has about as much chance of going to a BCS bowl game as any NON-BCS conference team will have.............i.e., VERY little chance and then it will be the above bowl game tie-ins for the Big East.

ADVERTISEMENT