ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada - Reno loses

BroncoSaurus

Dec 20, 2001
Just looked at who Nevada loses off of their 2012 football team and I think it's safe to say they are not going to be very good next season (aside from QB/RB Cody Fajardo)

# 1. Nevada loses their starting TB Stefphon Jefferson, who was only a Junior last season. He declared early for the NFL draft. He is the only MWC football player who declared early for the NFL draft (unless you count Hawaii's CB/KR Mike Edwards). Jefferson had over 1,700 yds net rushing last season and averaged 5.0 yd/carry with 22 TD's (plus 22 receptions for 170 more yds and 1 more TD).

# 2. Nevada loses their head coach who, as much as I dislike him, I have to admit is the ONLY reason that Nevada has enjoyed the success they have had of late.

#. 3. Nevada loses three of their starters on the O-line
OT 78 Jeff Nady 6-7 305 Sr. - OG 75 Chris Barker 6-4 305 Sr. - OG 77 Alex Pinto 6-3 305 Sr.

# 4. Nevada loses all three of their starting linebackers
SAM 54 Jeremiah Green 6-2 235 Sr. - MIKE 51 Albert Rosette 6-2 240 Sr. - WOLF 42 DeAndre Boughton 6-1 225 Sr.
Rosette led Nevada in tackles last season with 128 total. Boughton was 4th on the team and Green was 5th on the team in tackles last season for Nevada (68 and 61 respectively). In fact Nevada loses four of their top five tacklers on last season's team.

# 5. Nevada loses their leading wide receiver in Brandon Wimberly - 63 receptions last season for 788 yds

# 6. Nevada loses three of their four starters in the Defensive backfield
SS 5 Duke Williams 6-1 200 Sr. - FS 8 Marlon Johnson 5-11 205 Sr. - CB 2 Khalid Wooten 6-0 200 Sr.

Wooten also was the starter for Nevada last season at several other Special team positions. # 1 Punt returner for them and one of the top two Kick Returners for them and the Holder on kicks for them as well.

# 7. Nevada also loses their starting TE
TE 44 Zach Sudfeld 6-7 255 Sr. - 43 receptions last season for 553 yds and 6 TD's

This post was edited on 2/13 12:09 PM by BroncoSaurus

I agree that they will strugle next year, they do not have a talent to reload....

I hate UNR! I love to watch them suffer.... I want us to crush UNR and howdy doody at AF!

Want them crushed!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

In addition to all of the above Nevada's new head coach has removed 7 players (six of whom were scholarship players) from the team since spring ball.

LINK

We haven't given them a good azz whooping in years, I think they are do, I'd love to hang 60 on them!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT