ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Patti

UCFchris

May 4, 2004
I was just wondering how Nick Patti is doing at Boise? He was a good HS QB here in Central Florida.
Thanks,

Just my opinion here..........but I think he's likely to be the starter after next fall. Southwick is, of course, going to be the starter for the 2013 season. But after that it's wide open as to who will be the starter for 2014.

As to how Patti has looked.........to be honest he's looked both good and bad. Not trying to sit on the fence there but that's simply the truth. He looked great in spring ball back in 2012. Then he looked pretty bad in the fall camp of 2012. He looked pretty good again this spring, etc.

I think he's likely to be the starter in 2014 simply because the two QB's who are ahead of him (by class year), really have not shown the ability to lead the team effectively IMO. That being Grant Hedrick (a JR this fall) and Jimmy Laughrea (a SO this fall). Hedrick has been the backup for the last two years but he's basically a runner or at least that's what he's been used for primarily to date. In the last two seasons Hedrick has passed the ball only 20 times total (14 completions) for only 135 yds (only 6.75 yds/attempt and 9.6 yds/completion), Hedrick had a PE rating of 127.91 last season as the backup QB - however he (and Laughrea) only sees playing time when the game is basically over. Laughrea had zero pass attempts last season and zero rushing attempts either (as a RS FR).

That being said tho we have no idea - at this point - how the two latest newcomers will do. That being 2013 True Freshman Ryan Finley (6' 3" 185 lbs) out of Phoenix, AZ. And 2014 True Freshman Jalen Greene (6' 1" 185 lbs) out of Gardena, CA. Finley will be the tallest QB on the Boise State roster this season (and next season too).

ADVERTISEMENT