ADVERTISEMENT

You may hate Rocky Long from SDSU

CGBRONCO

Immediately!! If Not Sooner!!!
Staff
Jan 3, 2005
But the Aztecs had 2 1000 yards rushers... Guess what they have... A Dedicated fullback named Dakota Gordon!!! I wish we would actually commit to the run and go back to our roots. "Petes Poison" always had a fullback... Lau, Lose and Paul... I sure wish we did that again!

Actually I thought the Broncos DID go back to their roots for the Bowl Game against NIU. When I was watching the replay the next day the Broncos had just ran a play for a huge gain and the announcer commented on how successful it was because of the all the confusion the pre-snap motion caused. He then noted that a lot of motion and misdirection was what we had come to expect from Boise State.

And I'm thinking "no it's not. Not this year anyway. That's what has been missing from the Broncos all season. The offense was clicking against NIU because they had gotten back to a more traditional 'Boise State offense'

We did a lot of those things last year too.... But then a drink took over and he got away from those things... But in the bowl game Dhaneans played quite a bit... And it made a difference

We did a lot of those things last year too.... But then a drink took over and he got away from those things... But in the bowl game Dhaneans played quite a bit... And it made a difference

Yup, they were successful last year because Harsin and Sanford returned the Broncos to a more complex offense that Petersen had been steadily moving away from. When Sanford left Drinkwitz started running a more bland offense. Now a lot of that could be because they were playing a true Freshman at QB who had at time played like a true Freshman but they definitely got back to Bronco Ball for the Bowl

Drinks roots in Malzahns system make him a bit "prone" to lame things like zone reads option and never putting the QB under center

ADVERTISEMENT