ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball 2016 Bronco Hoops

MikeWittmann

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2014
Illinois
How far do all of you think the Broncos bball team can go this year (in both conference and any post-season tournaments)?

If they can get to the tourney and depending on matchups sweet 16 is as far as I see them going.

Very very true Stan. If they can find more consistency on offense, they can have a special season.

Matt, I think that Sweet 16 is their ceiling, but right now their floor is borderline tourney team. It's clear they have the talent to win the MW, but may have to earn their bid by winning the conference tourney.

Not having a stable center is still their downfall. With all the talent and athleticism, they don't need an all-conference center. But they could really benefit from someone to put up 6-8 points a game from the post. Something just to get defenses thinking about it. Wacker may have been able to be that guy this year. Watkins was great at it, doing the dirty work for the scorers.

Imagine lineup of Thompson, Drmic, Webb, Duncan at 4 with a solid center who can get 8 and 6, 10 and 8 on a good night. Bring Hutch, Paris, Jackson, Haney off the bench. For me, true low-post center is missing piece on this team that makes them more consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT