ADVERTISEMENT

My message to Jack Fields

Ramrod19

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
Jack, the writing is on the wall, it's time to transfer. You were hoodwinked during the recruiting process. Your entire h.s career you took the ball from a qb under center, and now your timing and running style has been affected. Go to a school where this gimmicky spread offense doesn't exist, maybe their staff will have it figured out. Good luck!

while I think that is a bit over the top, its not like we have been operating under center in the recent past. I don't think Kellen was under center but 15-20% of the time..

Fields timing does seem off, almost like he is in to much of a hurry to hit the hole.

I would love to see us go to the dreaded I formation with him and a FB... But that's what I want to see for everyone.

Yet Demas had 73 yards on 12 carries (6.1 yard per carry average) in the forth quarter when the Broncos were running out the clock and everyone watching (including the Wyoming defense) knew it was going to be a run up the middle.

That doesn't seem like it is the style of offense to me. I think he was just trying too hard not waiting for the holes to develop.

I hear what you're saying, it was my Sunday morning rant. Sure is a tragedy to see that kind of talent getting wasted.

I think at this point he just needs to slow the hell down... Id love to see him get enough time in a blow out to get his timing straight.. He just blasts in there at full speed before the blocks have a time to develop.. at least thats the way it looks to me. I have every faith its not being wasted... just needs to be honed a bit.

Jack if you get 1 carry tomorrow, let it be a breakaway 80 yarder
happy.r191677.gif

He is listed again as 2nd on the depth chart. I flipping hope he gets some meaningful time with the 1st string Oline. I think if he gets his timing straight he will be awesome
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT