ADVERTISEMENT

Apsey Addresses Media

StubbsZanelli

Jun 30, 2014
Boise State brought back their luncheon series, that spans all the way back to the 1970's.

Among the speakers were Bryan Harsin and Athletic Director Curt Apsey. Harsin answered questions from the crowd, and did his best to get the members of the BAA excited for the upcoming football season, which didn't take much.

After the speeches Curt Apsey made himself available to the media and touched on a number of topics Boise fans have been wondering about. Including the possibility of a Big XII invite.

"We have not been contacted to do that (give a presentation to Big XII), as you guys probably know there isn't much I can say about that..." Said Apsey. "We are probably in a waiting mode right now."

One of the more exciting prospects of expanding to the Big XII for Boise State fans is the idea of expanding the stadium as well, but Apsey said the conversation of stadium renovations isn't completely contingent on moving to the Big XII. "It always has been (in conversation), I remember this about three or four years ago, if you remember we were thinking of lowering the field, which is where that schematic came together." He added "For us, when you're expanding your stadium it is important that if you can do it, and give yourself the opportunity to actually make revenue...but that conversation is always had."

One of the hot topics outside of the Big XII is the idea of bringing baseball to Boise State. Unfortunately for Boise State fans, and baseball fans, it doesn't sound like that is going to happen at least in the near future.

"It's not off the table, but there are some other challenges we need to take care of before we go down that road, and I still think having baseball at Boise State would be great but I think you need to find a way to have it and pay for it and make sure it fits in your department going forward."

Apsey added that they are always having conversations on the growth of the athletic department, and they aren't taking anything off the table, but there are other things they are trying to focus on. One of those being ticket sales.

Apsey admits that they (Boise State) are a bit behind where he would like them to be in season ticket sales, but hopes that the new mini packages, and excitement for the upcoming season will increase sales.

"I'm not going to lie, we are a little behind, but we are not giving up...Our outside sales staff and everyone is out selling the mini plans, and those seem to be successful."

Apsey also mentioned that today is the first day that individual games are purchasable for fans, and hopes that it may lead to more tickets being sold.

All in all it seemed to be a productive day for the BAA, and everyone involved. There was definitely no lack of passion in the room, and that is something Boise thrives on, the commitment and passion of their fans and boosters.

For the latest in all stories lines involving Boise State, check out all of our other boards.

ADVERTISEMENT